Chapter 154

Inside the Dead Moon Circus's tent, the Amazon Quartet, along with the rest of their troupe, were just finishing up with the final preparations of their show. The opening day was only a few days away, and everyone wanted to ensure everything was perfect to please Zirconia.

CereCere, JunJun, and VesVes were warming up to rehearse their respective acts. As they did, PallaPalla approached them.

"There you are, PallaPalla. We were wondering where you were," said VesVes. "Where have you been?"

"I was just looking for Tiger's Eye and the others," said PallaPalla. "I haven't seen them since I helped them with their big plan and was wondering how things were going."

"Speaking of which, what did they need your help with?" wondered JunJun. "I've been wondering what scheme Hawk's Eye's been cooking up since the other day."

"Well, they didn't give me any specifics about it," said PallaPalla. "But they did have me use this." She then waved her finger, making a circular mirror with a brown sun-like frame appear while hovering above it. "The mirror allowed us to see whatever target's secret dreams are, and Hawk's Eye had me convert some of the power into a ball, and from there, they just told me to leave the rest up to them."

CereCere hummed thoughtfully. "Well, it's pretty obvious they plan to use that power against the Guardians," she said. "But that still doesn't really tell us much. Then again, it's probably nothing to pry over. I'm interested in meeting these guardians myself and seeing if they're as much of an annoyance as the trio claims them to be."

"Same here," smiled JunJun. "Heck, we might run into them in our opening show if things go south for the trio. Not that I don't have confidence in them."

"No need to worry about it," said VesVes with a smile. "I'm sure they can handle those guardians. But should the chance occur that they fail, we'll have to make sure to pick up the slack and teach those guardians not to mess with the Dead Moon Circus. After all, the Trio is just the opening act."

The other girls of the quartet all silently agreed.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

He found himself in a dark and lonely place.

He could feel his chest heavy while he saw only a black rose before his eyes.

"I can't breathe... It feels like something's inside of my chest..."

Then, there was a gust of wind, causing the rose to slowly become undone until it was nothing more than a storm of petals.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

When Mamoru next woke up, he found himself lying in a bed, staring at the ceiling with a small, child-like Usagi, a tall, teenage Chibiusa, and Harusuke at his bedside.

The three Tsukinos were relieved and happy to see him awake.

"Mamo! You're awake!" Usagi spoke happily.

"Thank goodness!" Chibiusa sighed thankfully.

Mamoru sighed tiredly as he pinched his nose. "What... What happened to me?" he wondered.

"You passed out while we were walking to your car," explained Harusuke. "We would have taken you by car, but none of us know how to drive, so we had to carry you."

Then, the door burst open, and Minako, Rei, Makoto, Ami, Luna, Artemis, and Diana rushed in.

"Usagi! Chibiusa! Harusuke! We came as soon as we heard!" said Minako.