Chapter 28

In the Dark Kingdom, Zoisite and Kunzite stood before Queen Beryl once more, discussing their next plan of attack and obtaining the next Rainbow Crystal.

"There are a total of seven Rainbow Crystals, and we will not be able to obtain the Silver Crystal unless we gather all seven of them," said Queen Beryl grimly. "As I'm sure you're both well aware."

"Yes, my queen," acknowledged Kunzite and Zoisite.

"As it stands right now, we only have one in our possession," went on Beryl, now looking at Zoisite a bit crossly. "We would have been able to have two, but you allowed Tuxedo Mask to get away with one, Zoisite."

"Please accept my deepest apologies, Queen Beryl," apologized Zoisite.

"There's no cause to be worried," soothed Kunzite. "I'm sure that it won't happen again as he goes after the other Rainbow Crystals. The next time he appears to help the Guardians, we will destroy him and reclaim the Rainbow Crystal he possesses."

"That better happen soon," said the evil queen clenching her hand into a fist. "And don't forget, I want the other five Rainbow Crystals as well. We need all seven of them to revive our Great Ruler."

"Speaking of which, I've noticed that one particular guardian seems to have a grudge against you, Zoisite," said Kunzite. "Solaris, I think his name was. Do you have any particular reason why?"

"Who knows?" shrugged Zoisite. "I'm not sure why myself."

"It doesn't matter what grudge he has," snapped Queen Beryl. "Don't let anyone stand in your way. Not Tuxedo Mask nor the Guardians!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was another day in the town of Juuban. Ami was walking on her way to school, burying her face in a book, studying. As she walked past a building site, a young boy came up behind her, about Ami's age, with short brown hair and brown eyes to match. He was one of Ami's classmates known as Ryo Urawa.

"Miss Mizuno!" the boy called. "Please wait!"

Ami then stopped reading and walking and turned her attention towards Ryo. "Oh, good morning Ryo," she greeted with a smile.

"Um... yeah. Good morning to you too," spoke Ryo, now being a bit shy. "Umm... well... you see..."

He seemed to be wanting to tell Ami something, but he couldn't find the right words for it. Ami smiled, waiting patiently for Ryo to say what he wanted. Then Ryo happened to look up to the building site where the builders were using a crane to lift a large iron girder. As soon as he saw it, he said nothing more.

"What is it, Ryo?" Ami asked. "Was there something you wanted to tell me?"

Then there was trouble. As the iron girder lifted, the rope in the winch couldn't hold it properly. It suddenly began to slip until it fell out of its loop completely.

"Oh no!" a worker cried. "Look out!"

Ami heard the warning. She turned back in time to see the iron girder falling straight towards her. The iron girder fell right on top of a worker's car, demolishing it with a mighty crash. Then it fell right onto the ground with a boom just in front of Ami. Ami stood there, frozen in shock, her heart beating like a jackhammer. She could not believe that had almost just happened to her. If she were standing a few steps further, she would have died being crushed by the girder.

Two of the workers then rushed up to her.

"Hey, are you alright?!"

"You're not hurt, are you?!"