Chapter 81

Chibiusa was running, running as fast as her little legs could carry her, terrified and scared.

She could feel it. Something was chasing her, something evil and murderous hot on her heels.

However, no matter how fast Chibiusa ran, she could feel this unknown enemy getting closer and closer to her.

Then suddenly, a burst of light exploded in front of her cutting off her path, and a ghostly being appeared before her, cackling maliciously.

The being looked like some incarnation of the Grim Reaper. He wielded a scythe, had glowing, sinister red eyes, pale white skin, a strange gold decoration around the mouth, and had most of his body covered by a purple and black cloak excluding his arms and his eyes.

"I've come for you, Rabbit," the phantom spoke spookily.

Chibiusa tried to be brave by standing her ground. "Who are you?!" she demanded. "I've never seen you before!"

"That's where you're wrong. You know who I am," the phantom said. "Now come along; it's time for you to come home to mommy."

The phantom then opened his cloak, revealing a crystal colored blacker than the deepest night against a starry field like he was a portal to another dimension. Chibiusa then screamed in terror and despair as she fell into the darkness.

She then could see her home, which was Crystal Tokyo, engulfed by several explosions of bright light, which made her all the more terrified.

"Mommy, help me! I'm scared!" Chibiusa wailed. "Those people with the Malefic Black Crystal are after me again! Help me, help me, Mommy!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Black Moon Clan's base in the future, Prince Demande called an audience with Esmeraude and Saphir. When all three of them were together, just behind Prince Demande's throne, a vast, evil torrent of black and demonic energy erupted, crackling with power. Then, after a few seconds, it died down, fading away.

"The Malefic Black Crystal seems to be releasing mysterious energy," Prince Demande commented. "Like it's seeking out its next target."

Esmeraude wasn't paying attention, staring wistfully at Prince Demande from behind her fan, thinking that he was so poetic. On the other hand, Saphir didn't seem very happy as he stood there, scowling at the prince of which he took notice.

"It appears that you wish to say something, Saphir," Prince Demande said. "Is there a problem you wish to discuss?"

"Yes, there is Big Brother. It's about this obsession about the 20th century of yours," Saphir said. "It was no value to us, yet you still keep trying to conquer it. Why is that?"

"What does it matter, Saphir?" Esmeraude cut in. "Need I remind you, now that Rubeus is gone, I'm the one in charge here. And I have no intention of failing like that flop Rubeus."

Esmeraude then let out her signature cackle, making it echo throughout the throne room, much to Saphir's and even Prince Demande's displeasure.

"Pipe down, Esmeraude!" ordered Prince Demande. "I've had quite enough of your cackling."

Esmeraude immediately stopped, feeling embarrassed. "I'm very sorry, Sir," she apologized.

Saphir then resumed speaking. "I don't see why we need to go chasing after the Legendary Siver Crystal as well as the Rabbit, either. The Malefic Black Crystal is invincible, so there's no point for us to go back to the past and waste our time and energy on them, as I said before."