Chapter 138

Inside the circus tent, the many creatures were busy practicing their acts, laughing and cackling ominously. They also talked about what happened with Tiger's Eye and his recent mission.

"Did you guys hear that Tiger's Eye failed his mission?" asked a male who was juggling some pins. "That's so incredible! I can't believe it!"

"It's true!" smirked a female walking on a tightrope. "The guy not only couldn't capture Pegasus, but he also didn't even finish off the girl with the beautiful dream he found either!"

"Oh dear, Madam Zirconia must be furious with him, as is the Amazon Quartet!" laughed a chubby woman floating above on a string like a balloon.

"No kidding!" concurred a male who stood on another male's shoulders, pulling a sword from his mouth. "I just hope they don't punish him too severely!"

The beings continued laughing mockingly, their voices echoing throughout the space until a familiar voice boomed throughout the area.

"All right! Quiet down! Quiet!"

Immediately, everyone went silent and turned their attention towards the jade elephant statue as Zirconia appeared in a billow of smoke. The Amazon Quartet also appeared.

"Now, Amazon Trio, are you present?" called out Zirconia.

Tiger's Eye, Fish's Eye, and Hawk's Eye appeared in the center of the ring, the trio bowing before their superior.

"Present and accounted for, Madam Zirconia," they acknowledged.

"Now, listen up, you three. I have heard that you recently had some trouble on your first mission," barked Zirconia. "While these things happen, I should remind you that capturing Pegasus is a once-in-centuries chance, and we cannot afford to let that slip! It is our first step towards world domination! Now, go and find the one who possesses beautiful dreams where Pegasus is hiding and capture him! Is that understood?"

"Yes, Madam!" the Amazon Trio spoke as they gave one more bow before leaving.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

While sitting at the bar, Tiger's Eye was fuming as he sulkily gulped down his drink while Hawk's Eye looked through the photos of the girls from Juuban.

"Why don't you take it easy, Tiger's Eye?" asked Hawk's Eye. "You're going to get yourself drunk if you keep drinking like that."

"I don't care!" huffed Tiger's Eye as he slammed his cup on the counter. "If everyone's been calling you a failure, you'd be angry too! I was doing just fine seducing that girl, and then those so-called Sailor Guardians, Tuxedo Mask, and Solaris had to come butting in! If they hadn't shown up, I never would have failed!"

"Well, I wouldn't go that far," Hawk's Eye spoke cheekily. "You probably failed because you let your personal tastes interfere with your work."

"And what does that mean?!" Tiger's Eye snarled crossly.

Fish's Eye then came in carrying a bundle as he joined the two. "He's right, you know," he said. "We did warn you about that, but you insisted anyway."

"Oh, shut up, Fish's Eye! Like you're one to talk!" Tiger's Eye snapped. He then took notice of the bundle. "What is that thing you're carrying?"

"Oh, this? I found it in the corner of the tent," Fish's Eye spoke eagerly. "Check it out." He then wrapped the bundle and produced a horse's saddle. It was red with gold trims that sparkled under the light. "Don't you think it's pretty? When I capture Pegasus, I think I'll put this saddle on him and ride him."