Chapter 21

It was a bright and sunny day. An electric rail car ran along through the forest with beautiful mountains. It soon came to a stop at a station. The doors opened, and out stepped Usagi, Rei, Ami, and Harusuke stepped out of the car with Luna in a basket Ami was carrying. The rail car soon came to a stop, and as it left, the teens saw the beautiful ocean. It was big, a bright shade of blue, and sparkled in the sunlight. The girls gasped with wonder and amazement.

"We made it! We're finally here!" cheered Usagi. "It's the beach!"

"The sea breeze and smell are so refreshing," commented Ami.

"I'll say," said Rei. "This is a pretty nice place."

"It's too bad we couldn't bring Naru here with us," said Usagi. "She would have loved to see this too.

"We're not here to have fun, Usagi!" chided Luna as she popped her head out of the basket. "Remember, we all came all this way for a Guardian summer training camp!"

Usagi then slammed the lid on Luna, shutting her up. "Way to ruin the moment, Luna! I know that already!" she growled.

Then the teens left the station and started walking along the trail. Usagi skipped along happily while Rei looked at the flyer with Ami alongside and Harusuke walked behind them.

"So, how far is the pension house we're staying at Rei?" asked Ami. "Is it nearby?"

"Yeah, it should be," said Rei. "It's supposed to be beyond this promontory."

"Hey Rei, this pension house better be like a swanky resort," said Usagi.

"Don't worry. I'm pretty sure it is," said Rei. "After all this flyer says, 'Blue seas surround you as yachts go gliding by you! From our luxurious pension house, you can view a beautiful sunset over our gleaming private beach!' "

"Really?!" exclaimed Usagi excitedly. "Our private beach?!"

She then began to imagine herself lying on the chair at the private beach surrounded by handsome men. She saw Motoki in his swimming trunks handing her a drink, and she could see Tuxedo Mask windsurfing on the waves. The thought alone made her heart aflutter, and her eyes became heart-shaped.

"I can't wait!" she gushed as she continued to be in her little world. "This is it; this is what it's all about! Being young, at the beach during summer break!"

Then she heard Harusuke snapping her out of her fantasy.

"Come on, Usagi! Stop daydreaming and hurry up!" he called. "Otherwise, we're gonna leave you behind!"

Then she realized that the others had walked ahead of her leaving her behind.

"Gah! Hey! Wait for me!" she cried as she raced, trying to catch up to them.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Soon it was evening, and the gang had been walking through the forest for quite some time and were now completely lost. Everyone was feeling a bit tired and exhausted.

"Are we there yet?" whined Usagi. "We're lost, aren't we?"

"That's because you said it was "definitely this way!" snapped Rei.

"No! That's because you didn't see where it was, stupid!" Usagi snapped back. "Talk about not planning!"

"What did you call me?!" growled Rei.

"Now, now, take it easy, you two," soothed Ami trying to defuse the situation.

Then the sky suddenly grew dark, and a deep rumbling sound came from above. When they heard the sound, everyone looked up in the sky to see that dark clouds had now covered the once orange-colored sky.