Chapter 33

In the middle of the night at the arcade, Luna spoke to the mysterious soundwave once again.

"This is Luna. Codename Zero-Zero-Nine-One. Passphrase: The rabbit on the moon is pounding rice cakes."

"The Moon's rice cakes are sticky," the soundwave replied.

"And they puff up when you toast them as well," finished Luna.

"So Luna, how are things going with the Guardians?" asked the soundwave. "Well, I hope?"

"Well, one of them still has issues responsibility, but others are doing very well," said Luna.

"That's good because I have news for you," the soundwave said. "The day when all six of the guardians come together is drawing near."

Luna gasped with surprise. "Are you sure?! I mean, do you mean that?!"

"Indeed," the soundwave said. "Which is why I think that this is the right time to tell the other guardians the truth."

"And... you're sure about that?" Luna asked tentatively.

"Yes. The Dark Kingdom is growing more and more restless," the soundwave spoke. "To prepare the guardians for battle, they need to know what they're fighting for, so make sure you tell them."

"I understand," Luna acknowledged.

Then the screen went black as it turned off.

"So the time has finally come to tell them," she thought as she left the arcade.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Hikawa Shrine, Usagi and the other guardians had gathered at the front waiting for Luna to arrive after calling them to meet her there.

Usagi let out a small yawn as she waited along with the others. "I wonder why Luna would meet with us so late at night?"

"Who knows," said Harusuke. "But I'm sure Luna will tell us the reason when she gets here."

Then Luna arrived. "I'm glad that you're all here," she said.

"So what's up, Luna?" asked Usagi. "Has another monster appeared?"

Luna looked up at Usagi and stared at her for about a few seconds or so. Then she spoke once more.

"Listen very carefully for what I'm about to tell you," said Luna. "It's imperative that you all pay attention."

Seeing how serious Luna was, the teens didn't say a word and waited to listen for what Luna had to say.

"You see... what I wanted to tell you is... that I'm not just an ordinary cat," Luna spoke. "I'm... what you might call an alien originally from the Moon sent here to guide you all."

Everyone stared at Luna, deeply shocked. Of course, Luna was a talking cat, but they never expected something like this.

"So... why did you come to Earth if you were an alien?" asked Rei.

"Yeah. And how do we know if what you're saying isn't true?" asked Makoto. "I mean, it sounds hard to believe if you ask me."

"I doubt Luna would lie to us," said Harusuke. "I mean, she's been telling the truth so far, so why would she lie now?"

"Yeah. I agree," said Ami. "If Luna says that she's from the Moon, then I believe her."

"Thank you, Ami. Thank you, Harusuke," smiled Luna. "And there's more. The princess you're searching for carries the royal bloodline from the place where I am from, The Moon Kingdom."