Chapter 122

It was a little after class at the Juuban Public Elementary School. Chibiusa was busily cleaning up the blackboard when her classmate, Momoko, came in.

"Hey, Chibiusa!" she called. "I brought some of the photos we took at Mugen-C Park!"

She then showed the pink ordango girl all of the pictures they took together, some silly, and some of them were having fun. The two couldn't help but laugh at a particular photo.

"Oh, wow. I'm making such a weird face," said Chibiusa. "It's a little embarrassing."

"You know, you had me worried the other day, Chibiusa," said Momoko. "When you left the park to find your hat and didn't come back, I thought something happened to you."

Then Chibiusa remembered, for that day was when she first encountered Hotaru. It also made her remember the other when she told her that they couldn't meet anymore, making her feel sad. She also wanted to see her more than anything, even though Hotaru said they shouldn't. However, that wouldn't deter her.

"I'll go and see Hotaru when I get out of school," Chibiusa said to herself. "Just to make sure she's all right."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Chibiusa soon found herself in front of Hotaru's house, standing outside the gates. She looked around, peering through the bars of the gate, trying to see any sign of life. Sure enough, she saw Hotaru, who had just gotten home from school.

"Hey, Hotaru!" called out Chibiusa.

Hotaru looked up, and when she saw Chibiusa, she was surprised to see her. "Ch-Chibiusa! What are you doing here?!" she said. "I told you that we shouldn't meet anymore."

"I know, but I couldn't stay away," said Chibiusa. "I wanted to see you."

Hotaru bit her lip and turned to walk away when Chibiusa called out to her again.

"Come on, Hotaru! Don't walk away from me!" begged Chibiusa. "I thought you and I were friends!"

Hotaru stopped. "W-We're friends, but..." she mumbled, trying to come up with an excuse.

"Then, stop trying to push me away," Chibiusa spoke firmly. "I'm your friend, and I'll stick by you no matter what happens. So, please, trust me."

Hotaru looked over to Chibiusa while she looked back at her unwavering.

Then, a smile worked its way to Hotaru's lips. "It's getting pretty cold out here," she said. "Why don't you come inside for a bit?"

Chibiusa was overjoyed.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At Downtown Juuban, Usagi and Harusuke walked to the bakery to buy some crepes for study hall. Harusuke told his sister all about Hotaru and what happened the other day as they walked.

"Sounds to me that girl's got some major issues to deal with," said Usagi. "And Haruka also told you to stay away from her?"

"Yeah, but she wouldn't tell me why," said Harusuke. "Not to mention that I'm also worried about Hotaru and Chibiusa."

"I wouldn't be worried, Harusuke," reassured Usagi. "I'm sure that things will work out. After all, they're friends, and they care about each other."

"Well, I guess you're right, but just in case, I think we should keep this to ourselves," Harusuke said. "Especially considering how hostile the others were with Haruka and Michiru. I can't imagine how they'll react when they find out I was with Haruka again."