Chapter 41

In the wild African desert, Reika Nishimura was hard at work, researching some fossils she had discovered. The air felt heavy, and the hot sun shone brightly, but Reika didn't mind it.

Then suddenly, a small pebble fell while a shadow cast over her causing Reika to look up in surprise. There standing on top just above her was Endymion.

"Who are you?!" she demanded nervously.

"I've been looking for you, Miss Nishimura," the prince spoke with an evil chuckle. "Or should I call you, Reikokeida, one of the Seven Great Monsters?"

"Wh-What are you talking about?" wondered Reika.

Endymion didn't answer her as he held out his hand, summoning forth the Dark Crystal activating its powers. "Do not resist!" he commanded. "Join us once again as a servant of the Dark Kingdom!"

The Dark Crystal began to glow in bright yellow light, emitting the same frequency that made Reika turn into her monster form like before. However, instead of turning her into a monster, the light enveloped Reika paralyzing her, and pulled her towards Endymion. Reika tried to resist and cry out for help, but she couldn't do either as she drew closer and closer to Endymion like a piece of metal and a magnet. Then, Reika was sucked inside the Dark Crystal, disappearing from view instantly.

Endymion then closed his hand, stopping the effect while smirking with triumph. Reika would now be the fourth of the former Rainbow Crystal carriers he captured along with Crane Game Joe, the priest, and Rhett Butler trapped inside it.

"Four down, three more to go," he said to himself as he disappeared into the air to hunt for the other carriers.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was snowing in the town of Juuban. Ami was at her place studying as she usually did almost every day. Just then, the telephone began to ring. Ami then answered it.

"Hello, this is Ami speaking," she said.

A familiar voice answered. "Hey Ami, is that you? It's me, Ryo Urawa."

Ami was delighted. "Oh, hi Ryo!" she spoke happily. "It's good to hear from you! How have you been?"

"I'm doing fine, at least for the moment," replied Ryo. "Say, Ami, are you anywhere near a TV right now?"

Ami then looked at her TV, just in front of her by the door. "Yes, I've got one right in front of me," she replied.

"Turn it on right now!" said Ryo.

Ami did so, and when she did, the screen immediately was on the news where a picture of another familiar face of a Rainbow Crystal carrier with larges letters said: FAMOUS ILLUSTRATOR GONE MISSING. It was none other than Yumemi Yumeno, formerly known as Binah.

Ami was surprised as Ryo continued over the phone.

"As you already know, that woman is Yumemi Yumeno, a former Rainbow Crystal carrier of the Seven Great Monsters," he said. "But now she, along with four others, has gone missing."

"W-Wait a minute, Ryo," said Ami. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that the next target could be me or your friend Rei's grandfather," Ryo spoke grimly. "I know because I used whatever precognitive powers I have left to figure it out. I know it sounds crazy..."

"Where are you right now?" asked Ami, now concerned. "If you're here in town, I can come and protect you."

"You can't! It would be best if you stayed away from me so that I won't put you in any danger," said Ryo. "If you want to protect someone, you need to focus on Rei's grandfather instead. I understand that you're worried about me, but I can handle things myself. I'm not sure what the Dark Kingdom's got planned, but you must stop them at all cost, or terrible things will happen! I'll see you later! Bye!"