Chapter 78

Usagi and Chibiusa woke up to another day in Juuban, looking forward to whatever this day would bring her. But no sooner than she opened her door, Harusuke dashed by, almost knocking the two ordangos over.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, Harusuke!" Chibiusa complained.

"Whoops! Sorry about that, girls!" apologized Harusuke. "In a rush and can't talk! Got to get ready to go!"

"But, wait a minute! Where are you going, Bro?" Usagi called. "And why is it so important that you have to go first thing in the morning?! You've been doing this over a couple of days now."

"As I said, I can't talk! I have to go!" Harusuke called back. "If Luna asks, tell her that I'm going to be busy!"

And before Usagi could even say a single word more, Harusuke had already gone, disappearing into the hallway. Usagi felt puzzled and also a bit suspicious as she stood there in front of her doorway, pondering.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A little while later, Usagi and the others all met up at Hikawa Shrine, Usagi explaining to everyone about Harusuke's recent behavior.

"...and so he's been like this for a few days now," Usagi finished explaining. "I've tried asking him, but he would always brush me off."

"Well, that seems weird," said Rei. "Usually Usagi's the one that runs off impulsively, but not Harusuke. So I wonder what he could be up to?"

"It's not just him; Makoto's been acting weird too," said Minako. "I asked her if she wanted to go shopping with me, but she said that she had something to do, and it couldn't wait."

"It seems as though Harusuke and Makoto have been busy with things," Luna said thoughtfully. "Seems a bit suspicious."

"Maybe those two are having a secret rendezvous?" joked Artemis. "I mean, Makoto is a bit boy crazy, and Haruske is an ideal guy for her."

"Artemis, give me a break. As if those two are out on a date," Minako scoffed. "I mean, Harusuke and Makoto wouldn't be spending time with each other on a date, would they?"

There was a long pause, and after a few seconds, everyone burst into a bit of laughter, thinking that what Artemis said was silly. However, three of the girls were somewhat concerned on the inside but didn't say it out loud. Then Usagi spoke up.

"That does sound silly, but shouldn't we try and look for them just to be sure they're not up to anything?" asked Usagi. "You know, on the off chance that they're not up to something?"

"Normally, I would call that eavesdropping and wouldn't agree to that, Usagi, but for once, I agree with you," said Rei. "We're going to find Harusuke and Makoto and find out what they're up to."

"Sounds like a plan!" grinned Minako. "Let's go!"

Artemis, Luna, and Ami could only stay silent as they sweatdropped in disdain.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In another part of Juuban downtown, Petz was all by her lonesome. Ever since she had left the other day, she had been wandering around Juuban, with no particular place to call home. She felt tired, miserable, and, worst of all, lonely and resentful.

She was lonely because she wanted to be with her sisters. However, due to everything that had happened back on the bridge, she wasn't sure if she wanted to join them out of fear. Petz also felt resentful towards the Guardians because she thought they took them away from her, upset towards Rubeus for forcing her to act the way she did. But, most of all, she felt resentful towards herself for behaving so shamelessly.