Chapter 25

The very next day after school, things were pretty saddening. Usagi and Harusuke were at the park with Naru, who was now feeling sadder than she ever was before due to the events that transpired last night. They hung out by the slide in silence, Naru sitting on the end and Usagi and Harusuke standing beside it. As Naru sat in silence, Usagi and Harusuke wanted to help her, but they didn't know if Naru would listen to them or not. Then after a long and sullen silence that seemed to go on forever, Harusuke lightly nudged Usagi's side.

"Come on, Usagi, say something to her," he whispered.

"But what should I say?" Usagi whispered back. "She won't listen to me."

"It's better than sitting around not saying anything," Harusuke whispered. "Besides, I hate seeing Naru like this, and I don't want her in any more danger." He then looked at Naru, hugging her legs while having her head down. "Naru?" he spoke. "Usagi and I hate to see you like this, and I know that this is the last thing you want to hear, but you shouldn't see Mr. Sanjoin anymore.

"It also would be for the best that you should forget about him too," added Usagi. "I know that this is the last thing you want to hear from us, but..."

"I can't," mumbled Naru. "Even if he's a bad person, I still love him."

"But Naru... surely you realize how dangerous he is," said Harusuke. "I mean... we understand that you love him, but..."

"Harusuke, Usagi, have you two ever loved someone?" Naru asked. "Have you ever really understood what it means to love someone?"

"Um... who us? Of course, we have," replied Usagi tentatively. "Right, Harusuke?"

Harusuke said nothing as he looked away, unable to answer Naru's question as Naru continued.

"Then, you both should understand exactly how I feel right now," she said. "If you truly understand, then you both should know exactly where I'm coming from, and I can't just forget about Nephrite."

Usagi and Harusuke looked at their friend, feeling sorry for her. Not just because she was in love with Nephrite, but because she wouldn't give up on loving him, even dangerously one-sided.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, Nephrite was at his mansion by himself, playing with the Dark Crystal in his hand as he looked at it. He was thinking about what had transpired the other night, especially about the Dark Crystal's behavior.

"I don't understand... Why did the Dark Crystal respond to Naru Osaka like that?" he wondered. "Could it be... the energy of her love for me?"

He then started thinking about Naru. He thought about her smile, and he thought about all the times he spent with her even though they were just farces to his plan. Most of all, he thought about her words from when he protected her the other night. Not only that, but he also remembered what Solaris had to him,

"I won't let anyone hurt, Mr. Sanjoin!"

"Because... I love him! I love him so much! And I'll defend him even if it winds up costing me my own life!"

"...despite what you say and what you did, I'm starting to get the fact that for the first time in your entire life, even if you say that you feel nothing, you care about Naru. That's why you saved her, even if it meant turning against your ally."

"What utter nonsense," huffed Nephrite, quickly putting those thoughts out of his mind. Then he realized something. "Now that I think about it, Sailor Moon and Solaris know Naru pretty well," he said. "Which means that Naru most likely might know Sailor Moon's and Solaris' true identities." He then flashed an evil smile as he held up the Dark Crystal. "Just you watch, Sailor Moon, Solaris, I will find out who you two are, and then I'll crush you both."