Chapter 82

It was a beautiful and sunny day in Juuban, Tokyo. Usagi, Chibiusa, Harusuke, and Luna had just left the Tsukino household to go out into town, all of which were in high spirits.

"I'm glad to see that you're looking better, Chibiusa," said Luna.

"Thank you, Luna," Chibiusa smiled. "I feel better."

"And to celebrate, how would you feel if I took everyone out?" offered Usagi. "My treat and anything you want."

"Really?! You mean it?!" Chibiusa cried as she happily leaped into Usagi's arms. "I'm so happy!"

Harusuke and Luna were surprised by Usagi's offer until the ordango blonde embarrassingly cringed.

"Well, that's what I'd like to say," Usagi spoke flatly. "But unfortunately, I've spent all of my allowances. Do you want to go play in the park instead?"

Chibiusa was now pouting. "No fair! You said that you'd treat me!"

"I should have expected as much," Harusuke sighed. "However, you do owe Chibiusa, Usagi. Remember, you promised her that you would treat her after we've beaten Rubeus, and you can't go back on your word."

"I know, I know," Usagi sighed as she set Chibiusa down. "I'll figure something out."

Then as Usagi took a couple of steps forward, someone came rushing down the other direction and bumped into her. That person turned out to be Mamoru. The two, still estranged, looked at each other surprised to see one another, then Chibiusa rushed on over, feeling happy to see Mamoru.

"Mamo!" Chibiusa cried as she tackled him in a hug. "I missed you so much!"

"Hey there, Chibiusa," Mamoru greeted as she picked her up. "You're looking better today."

"You mean it? Thank you, Mamo," Chibiusa said. Then, an idea came into her mind. "Say, why don't we go somewhere together, Mamo. I want a new notebook, a pencil case, an eraser, and some donuts!"

"Whoa, hold on there, kiddo," Mamoru chuckled. "I want to celebrate your recovery, but I have to check my wallet."

As the two talked to one another, Usagi was seething with jealousy, glaring at the two, making Luna and Harusuke worry.

"Oh, boy. Here it comes," Harusuke said, rolling his eyes.

"Usagi's green-eyed monster is about to rear its head," warned Luna.

But as Mamoru glanced over at Usagi, she immediately stopped scowling and started laughing while grinning.

"Yeah! That sounds like a fantastic idea," Usagi said. "Why don't you spend the whole day with Mamo? I mean, me and Harusuke have got a ton of other things we need to do."

"We do?" puzzled Harusuke. "I thought that you wanted to- yeow!"

Usagi immediately silenced Harusuke by elbowing him hard in the ribs.

"As I said, Harusuke and I have a lot of stuff we need to do!" insisted Usagi as she pushed Harusuke along. "So we'll be seeing the two of you later! Bye now!"

And before Mamoru or Chibiusa could say anything more, Usagi and Harusuke were gone, with Luna following close behind.

Chibiusa was baffled as well as confused. "What was up with her? I thought that she was going to come with us, Mamo."

Mamoru couldn't help but agree.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi didn't stop pushing Harusuke until they were out of sight from Mamoru and Chibiusa. Harusuke was a bit cross.

"Usagi! What's the big idea?!" complained Harusuke. "You didn't need to elbow me in the ribs, you know! And why did you let Mamoru go with Chibiusa, anyway? I would have thought her being alone with Mamoru was the last thing you wanted."