Chapter 152

Inside the Dead Moon Circus Tent, the circus was abuzz with excitement. The Amazon Trio and Quartet were busy putting the final preparations for their acts. The opening show was only a few days away, and they wanted to ensure everything was perfect. The other Lemures watched and applauded as they practiced, pretending they were the audience.

Then, Zirconia's voice boomed throughout the tent.

"All right, everyone! Quiet! Quiet down!"

Everyone went silent as Zirconia appeared upon the jade elephant statue in a burst of smoke.

"Amazon Trio, step forward!" the old witch ordered.

The three did so, but they all couldn't help but be nervous. Considering Queen Nehelenia's appearance and previous words, they worried they would get another lecture from Zirconia or a worse kind of torture.

But surprisingly, Zirconia was neutral.

"Listen up, you three. As you're well aware, Queen Nehelenia made herself clear of having no more failures, yet you failed to find Pegasus for the umpteenth time," said Zirconia. "However, I'm feeling charitable today. I'm going to give you one more chance to redeem yourselves. First, take a look at your next target."

Zircon released its beam, making a picture appear in Zirconia's hand, and she threw it toward the Amazon Trio. Tiger's Eye caught, and he, Hawk's Eye, and Fish's Eye looked at it.

It was a picture of Usagi standing outside a crepe shop eating one.

Fish's Eye then gasped. "Wait, I know her! She's the girlfriend of that guy from before!"

"Hmm. She does look cute," said Tiger's Eye. "But why do I feel like she's one of those wolves in sheep's clothing types?"

"I agree," said Hawk's Eye. "But then again, she's way too childish-looking for my liking."

"Pay attention!" barked Zirconia. "Now, this won't be like your usual search. I want you to not only go after the target, but I want you to go after another target. And that target is Solaris."

The three Amazon males looked up in surprise.

"Hold on. You want us to go after Solaris?" inquired Hawk's Eye. "But why him, Madame? Do you believe that Pegasus could be in his dreams, too?"

"No, nothing like that," said Zirconia. "If you recall previously, there were a few times that Solaris took on a dark transformation with overwhelming power. Such power cannot go unchecked, so I want you to use that target to draw him out and then have him transform."

She held out her hand, and a strange object appeared in it. It was made of crystal, colored green, and had a blue nucleus at the center. She then teleported the object right into Tiger's Eye's hands.

"Once that happens, use this on him, and the rest will fall into place," she finished.

"Madame, with all due respect, not that I'm questioning you, but how exactly are we supposed to do all that?" wondered Hawk's Eye. "Solaris isn't the kind to let his guard down."

"Who cares?" scoffed Tiger's Eye. "I've been looking for a chance to get payback, and now's a good chance as any! I can take that self-absorbed little punk!"

"You can act confident all you want, but you know as well as I that you don't have the power to take on Solaris," stated Fish's Eye. "Or did you forget how often he and his band of bumpkins have beaten you?"

"I admire your enthusiasm Tiger's Eye, but Fish's Eye has a point," said Zirconia. "Which is why I'm assigning you with a special Lemures."

A light shone above the Amazon Trio, and the three watched as their shadows grew as a flickering black symbol of a spade flashed inside them.