Chapter 79

Chibiusa stood all by herself at the pier of Juuban Lake, of which was where she had first appeared. She was still in shock for what she had seen the other day, back when Usagi and the others transformed and, while she bore witness to them. The memory replayed over and over in her mind, but it was shocking to her.

"It's true. No matter how much I don't want to believe it, but it's true," Chibiusa murmured to herself. "Usagi is the legendary Guardian, Sailor Moon, and Harusuke, and the others are Sailor Guardians too."

She stood there for quite a while, contemplating what to do; she took off, leaving the pier and heading back to the Tsukino House.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Inside the UFO, Rubeus stared at Juuban below, brooding and ready to take matters into his own hands.

"This time for sure!" Rubeus said to himself. "Today, I will eliminate the Rabbit and take the Silver Crystal from this grotesque world!"

Then suddenly, there was the sound of laughter, which was something that belonged to an arrogant noblewoman. Rubeus, feeling startled, turned around in time to see all the mirrors that circled the center of the room glow green. Then they all began to shine brightly, each one releasing a beam of light towards the center of the room, the light being so bright that Rubeus had to shield his eyes. The light then faded away, revealing Esmeraude to be standing there.

Rubeus was surprised to see her. "E-Esmeraude?! Wh-what are you doing here?" he gasped.

"What's wrong, Rubeus? Aren't you glad to see me?" Esmeraude smirked as she walked over to him. As she did, she looked through the window towards the town of Juuban below. "So, this is Tokyo's Juuban district in the twentieth century? I find it a bit small and ugly to look at," she mused snootily. "It makes me wonder if I'll be alright working in a place such as this?"

Rubeus now felt puzzled. "Wait, what is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

Esmeraude pretended to be surprised. "Oh, my goodness. You don't know? Due to your repeated failures, Rubeus, you've been dismissed from your assignment of eliminating the Rabbit and seizing the Juuban District," she said coolly. "Starting tomorrow, I will be in charge."

"That's ridiculous!" Rubeus burst out. "Prince Demande would never abandon me and undermine my work like that!"

"I know. I was as surprised as you," Esmeraude said, continuing to feign surprise. "It just goes to show how bad your incompetence has been lately. To think that you have disappointed and angered the gentle prince to such a degree. Not only were you unable to capture a crystal point and convert it to Dark Power, but you also lost the Spectre Sisters, and you couldn't even find the Silver Crystal nor kill the Rabbit. It's a wonder how the prince has let you continue the way you have for so long. He even said that an incompetent man like you is no longer necessary for our clan."

Rubeus' hand balled into fists as he seethed in anger, glaring daggers at Esmeraude.

"You appear to be skeptical. If you don't believe me, you should go confirm it for yourself," went on Esmeraude. "That is if you've got the nerve to show your face to the prince in person. Anyway, I can take care of things from here. Good luck in trying to solve your little problems. Bye, now!"

And in a green flash of light, Esmeraude disappeared, leaving Rubeus alone, livid with frustration and desperation. However, despite Esmeraude's words, even Rubeus knew that there was no way that we would have the guts to speak to Prince Demande in person, so there was only one thing to do.