Chapter 2

It was late in the evening, in the middle of the Juban District, in an alleyway by the bakery, various young girls and some men stood in line gathering around a single man. He was elderly for his age and was also a skilled fortune teller. People came from all over to see him. A young man, in particular, was standing in front, wearing a large overcoat with a black hat and sunglasses. He was, of course, Jadeite, but nobody knew this yet. Just then, two women came behind the man and saw the line.

"Oh, no! Look how long the line is!" one of them said.

"Well, of course!" said the other. "I mean, after all, the guy is the best! He's even been on TV a couple of times too!"

"Yeah. I heard that when the guy reads your fortune, he'll be spot on," said the first.

Jadeite, who happened to overhear them, scoffed under his breath. "Foolish humans," he thought as he stepped out of the line and walked away.

In the dark dimension, Queen Beryl sat on her throne in front of her followers, awaiting news from them

"What? You all still have not yet found the Legendary Silver Crystal?"

"No..." her followers replied, all speaking in a ghostly wail.

"Then, you must hurry and search harder!" boomed Beryl crossly. "The great ruler needs large amounts of energy, and it doesn't like waiting. Is that understood?"

"Yes," said her followers as they all disappeared to resume the then, Jadeite appeared.

"Jadeite, it's you," said Queen Beryl.

"Yes, my queen," said Jadeite as he bowed before her.

"I'm sure you must have heard that the others haven't found Legendary Silver Crystal and are continuing the search," said Beryl. "So, I want you to focus on harvesting the energy from the humans instead.

"Yes, my queen," said Jadeite. "And rest assured, I already have a plan that is already underway as we speak."

"Good," said Beryl. "Now go. Gather as much energy as you can, and don't fail."

"Yes, my queen," acknowledged Jadeite.