Chapter 97

Sailor Moon found herself in a strange and empty void, unsure where she was or what was going on. Then, her clothing began to unravel in pink ribbons retreating inside her Silver Crystal. In a matter of seconds, Sailor Moon's clothes disappeared and were replaced with her regular clothing as Usagi Tsukino, while the Silver Crystal's glow began to fade away.

"What's going on here?!" Usagi exclaimed. "The Silver Crystal's light is fading away!"

Then, the other Guardians suddenly appeared before her as she sank to her knees on the floor.

"What's the matter, Usagi?" asked Sailor Mercury in a mocking tone. "Studying got you down?"

"Maybe she's been working too hard," laughed Sailor Jupiter.

"No. Usagi's most likely not getting enough beauty rest," suggested Sailor Venus rudely.

"Nah. Knowing my sister, she probably overate and now has a tummyache," Solaris sniggered.

Usagi covered her ears, pretending not to hear. Then she heard Sailor Mars.

"Usagi, maybe it's time for you to retire as a Guardian."

The ordango blonde scowled crossly. "Say what?! How could you say that?! I thought you were my friends and family!" she snapped indignantly. "I'll never quit!"

Not wanting to take this lying down, Usagi then reached out for Sailor Mars, wanting to wring her neck out in anger.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In her sleep, Usagi somehow reached out and grabbed Luna right around the poor kitty's stomach, squeezing as hard as she could, believing her to be Rei. Luna yowled and meowed as she thrashed around, trying to break free. Then, having no other option, Luna furiously slapped Usagi's cheeks over and over again until Usagi finally woke up, her cheeks stinging as she let Luna go.

"It was... a dream?" Usagi sleepily spoke.

"Yes, it was," said Luna. "You must have had one doozy of a nightmare."

Usagi then looked to the side of her bed, where her brooch lay resting next to her pillow, taking it into her hands and opening it, revealing the Silver Crystal. She could still remember when she fought Mikuji and how she lost power during that fight.

"But - it wasn't just a dream. The Silver Crystal did lose its light," Usagi spoke quietly. "And until it returns, I may not be able to transform again." Her eyes began to fill with tears. "Luna, could this mean that I'll have to retire as a Guardian?"

"Of course not, Usagi," Luna spoke gently. "You'll be fine. Everything is going to be okay. Harusuke went through the same thing you did, and he got his powers back. So you shouldn't let this get you down." Then she came up with an idea. "I got it. Why don't you talk with Mamoru? I bet it'll cheer you up."

Usagi looked up at Luna, unsure if she felt like talking to anyone, but the black feline urged her on.

"Come on, Usagi. Get going. I'm sure talking to him will make you feel better."

"Well, I guess so," said Usagi. "I'll go get dressed then."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃