Chapter 68

It was another day in the town of Juuban. Chibiusa was out and about, walking with her Luna P ball feeling cheerful. Then as they walked around a bridge that went over the street, Chibiusa caught sight of something. Just below, next to the stairs, was an ice cream shop called Bob-Floy. Many people were there, all of whom were enjoying the ice cream there.

Chibiusa herself wanted some ice cream, too, drooling from seeing all the people eating the ice cream, but she quickly restrained herself.

"What's the matter with me? I'm not a little kid!" Chibiusa scolded herself. "Right now, I need to focus on finding the Silver Crystal as soon as possible, and I can't afford any distractions!"

She was just about to walk away when Ami appeared just behind her.

"Hey there, Chibiusa," Ami greeted. "Are you on your way home?"

"O-Oh. Yes, I am," replied Chibiusa.

Ami then caught sight of Bob-Floy. "Were you looking at the ice cream shop down there?" asked Ami. "I'm told that it just opened and became very popular."

"I don't care about that!" Chibiusa sputtered. "Ice cream is little kid stuff!"

"Well, that's a pity. I heard that the ice cream is delicious," Ami said, pretending to be disappointed. "I was on my way over there to try some myself. I know that it's "little kid stuff," but you're welcome to join me if you want. My treat."

Chibiusa's face immediately lit up. "You will?! Well, in that case, since you insist, I guess I'll come with you. So let's go, Ami!"

The pinkette odango eagerly took Ami by the hand and pulled her along as they made their way to Bob-Floy to buy some ice cream. Chibiusa got chocolate mint, and Ami got strawberry. The two enjoyed eating their ice cream as they sat on a bench together. Soon they finished their ice cream, and Ami then stood up.

"Alright then, it's almost time for my cram school to start," Ami said. "I have to go now. I'll see you later, Chibiusa."

"Okay, bye, Ami," said Chibiusa. "And thanks for the ice cream."

And as Chibiusa waved goodbye, Ami then went on her way. As she watched Ami go, Chibiusa couldn't help but feel impressed.

"Wow, Ami sure is responsible, even more so than Harusuke," Chibiusa thought to herself. "She's probably more likely to have the Silver Crystal than someone like Usagi. So maybe I should investigate her next."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Hikawa Shrine, excluding Ami, Usagi, and the gang all met up to discuss some unexpected news regarding Ami.

"Say what?! No way!" Usagi cried, clearly shocked. "Are you sure?!"

"I'm afraid it's true, Usagi," said Luna. "Ami's been invited to study in Germany to continue her studies."

"Believe us, we're as shocked as you were when we found out," added Rei.

"Well, it is no surpirse," said Minako. "She did have the top score on the national mock exam several times."

"I'm just surprised this never came up before," said Makoto. "I mean, we're just hearing about this for the first time."

"So did she say that she was going to go?" wondered Artemis.

"She hasn't given her response yet," replied Luna. "But I imagine that she'll want to go."

"Ami's dream has always been to study medicine so she could become a doctor just like her mom," added Makoto. "And Germany is one of the best places to go for that."