Chapter 139

Mamoru, Usagi, and Chibiusa were out on a family outing Downtown, enjoying themselves as they spent their time strolling around window shopping. They also planned to go back to Juuban Park to see Chibiusa off for home.

As they did, they took notice of the lamp post banners. They could see a few of them had a picture of a circus tent that read: "Welcome to the Dead Moon Circus." They also caught sight of a few posters on some of the store windows.

Feeling curious, the three went over to one to inspect it.

"The mysterious Dead Moon Circus from the Amazon jungle makes their landing during their world tour." Usagi read.

"And they're performing Mamiana Sakaue Park," Mamoru hummed thoughtfully. "That's close by from here. Interesting."

The two then turned around, and in the distance, they could see the circus tent from where they stood. But Chibiusa saw something else that caught her interest. Just outside of a small knick-knack shop was a display of kaleidoscopes.

Chibiusa picked up one that was colored clear yet sparkling with rainbow colors similar to the color of a crystal. It was also long with a golden trim design and had a crown on top.

Usagi and Mamoru soon caught up with her, and when Usagi saw the kaleidoscopes, her eyes sparkled as she picked up a similar one.

"Wow, how pretty!" the ordango blonde gushed. "Those are glass kaleidoscopes!"

Chibiusa's eyes mischievously glinted as she looked innocently at Mamoru. "You know, something about this kaleidoscope is begging me to take it," she said. "But sadly, I don't have any money."

"Me either," concurred Usagi. "If only there were someone who could buy these for us."

Mamoru quickly realized what the two were getting at as they gave him puppy dog eyes.

"All right then," he conceded. "I'll get them."

He then took the kaleidoscopes into the shop and soon returned with them in bags.

"Thank you very much, Mamo," said Chibiusa happily. "I'll make sure to cherish it forever!"

"Yeah, me too," said Usagi. "It's the first magical gift we've ever received from you. And I've always wanted one of these."

Mamoru smiled. "You're both very welcome," he said.

Soon, they came to Juuban Park, but many people were in the area like the day before.

"It looks like it's still crowded around here," Usagi said. "Sorry, Chibiusa, but I think you should go back tomorrow morning. If you go late at night, it'll be too dangerous."

"I don't mind. I can stay a little bit longer," said Chibiusa. Then, she looked at Mamoru. "But if that's the case, Mamo, can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?" asked Mamoru.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Later that night, Chibiusa and Usagi were over at Mamoru's place undoing their hair while in their pajamas.

You see, Chibiusa's favor was to sleep over at Mamoru's place, and naturally wanting to seize the chance, Usagi wanted to as well, after getting permission from Ikujko and Kenji. So the two were soon lying in bed playing with their kaleidoscopes.

Mamoru then came in also in his bedclothes. "Come on, you two, it's time for bed," he spoke sternly. "We have to get up early at five tomorrow so that Chibiusa can go home." he looked at his girlfriend. "And Usa, you should be getting home, too. Otherwise, I'm going to look less than trustworthy."