Chapter 29

In the Dark Kingdom, Zoisite had just returned to Queen Beryl after giving her a recent report of what had happened. Queen Beryl kept her face neutral, but she was very cross and disappointed.

"Of the seven Rainbow Crystals," she said. "Two of them are in the hands of the Guardians and Tuxedo Mask while we only possess one of them. And when it comes to our allies, the Seven Great Monsters, three of them have already been defeated and turned back into humans. So, Zoisite, I demand to know how you will take responsibility for this situation."

Zoisite quickly bowed apologetically, kneeling before her as he held up the Dark Crystal in his hand. "Yes, I do, my queen," he said. "Please allow me a little more time is all I ask." The Dark Crystal began to glow in his hand, and it brightly shone as it revealed a young woman with long brunette hair in a braid, had blue eyes, and wore glasses. "This young lady is our next target," he explained. "And I promise that I will obtain this Rainbow Crystal by whatever means necessary."

"See that you do," said Queen Beryl. "And should you fail, you know what will happen to you, don't you?"

A bead of sweat went down Zoisite's forehead. He certainly knew what Queen Beryl meant. However, he remained strong and understood.

"Yes, my queen," he said as he set off to fulfill his mission.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was a beautiful autumn day in Juuban Park. The wind was blowing gently, and the colored leaves fell. There were lots of couples walking around admiring the scenery and spending time with each other. However, two were among them in that park sitting all by themselves with their black cat on a bench waiting.

"Yup... it's autumn alright," sighed Usagi. "Seems like there are folks in love everywhere..." She then began thinking about Tuxedo Mask, which made her feel depressed a little more. "Oh, Tuxedo Mask, are you my friend or my enemy? Please tell me..."

"Well, whatever he is, there's one thing we do know about him," said Luna. "And it's that he's after the Legendary Silver Crystal too, so that means we should consider him an enemy."

"As much as I hate to say it, but I might have to agree with you, Luna," said Harusuke. "I mean, the guy's saved us time and time again, but he also has one of the Rainbow Crystals, so we might gonna have to see him as an enemy."

"No! I don't want to!" whined Usagi. "Jeez! I don't know the real identity of the guy I'm in love with, and then all those scary monsters keep appearing. Usagi looked at Luna and Harusuke accusingly. "They keep popping up all the time! So why does this stuff always happen to us?!"

Harusuke and Luna could only stare blankly at Usagi, unable to answer. Just then, Naru came running up to them.

"Sorry we're late, you guys!" she panted.

Usagi immediately brightened. "Naru!" she said. "So what was it you wanted to show us anyway?"

"You're just gonna have to wait and see," said Naru. "But trust me when I say that you two will love it. Come on!"

Usagi then immediately grabbed her backpack as she and Naru raced off. But as they took off, the Moon Stick suddenly fell out of Usagi's bag. Harusuke and Luna both let out screams of horror as it was about to drop into the pond. The boy immediately jumped, skidding on the ground, and managed to catch the Moon Stick before it fell into the water.

"Whew! That was way too close!" said Luna. "Good catch, Harusuke!"

"I swear... that girl is too careless!" said Harusuke as he brushed the dirt off his clothes. "She not only forgotten her Moon Stick, but she almost ruined it too! Honestly!" He then gave the Moon Stick to Luna. "You better hold on to this, Luna. I don't want Usagi losing this thing."