Chapter 93

Usagi and the others made it back to the Tsukino house. The ordango blonde, Luna, and the other girls were all in the living room watching the news on the TV. The black crystal that Prince Demande had planted earlier had now grown so large that it towered even the tallest buildings in Juuban, and as it kissed the sky, a dark vortex of clouds loomed above it, crackling with black thunder.

"The mysterious object that suddenly appeared in the middle of Tokyo has brought traffic to a standstill and completely shut down the metropolitan area," the news reporter said. "Those of you that are living in the surrounding area are advised to stay away. Until we're able to assess the danger, we will remain on high alert."

"This has become a terrible turn of events," said Luna. "At this rate, the entire town of Juuban will be corrupted with Dark Power."

"Do we have a plan in mind?" asked Makoto.

"First, we have to find out how powerful that giant Malefic Black Crystal is before we can do anything else," said Ami. "At least that way, we'll be able to come up with a countermeasure."

"So that means we'll have to wait for Artemis and Mamoru to come back," said Minako. "Hopefully, they'll be able to find something out."

"Until then, there's not much we can do except wait," sighed Rei.

The only one who didn't say a word was Usagi, who wasn't paying attention to anything as she stared at the floor. She still felt shaken up by the events that transpired the other day. She could remember how spiteful Chibiusa was acting and how Harusuke became corrupted to her evil will as Black Lady, which made her all the more worried as well as saddened.

Ikuko then came to the room, bringing tea for the girls on a tray. "All of these TV reports are starting to get me worried," she said as she began serving. "I'm starting to wonder if we should be evacuating like everyone else."

Usagi then looked up and noticed something. "Mom? What's that?" she asked.

Ikuko was puzzled, then she noticed the cup of tea in her hand, which wasn't just any other cup. It was a small pink one with a rabbit picture and Chibiusa's name. When she noticed this, Ikuko quickly did a headcount of the people in the room and was surprised.

"Oh dear, I brought an extra cup by mistake," said Ikuko. "But that is strange, though. Why did I need to bring this particular cup along with yours? Maybe I meant to bring one for Harusuke? But then why would he ever need to use a cup like this one?"

No one said a word. Ikuko then went back into the kitchen, leaving the pink cup sitting on the table. There was a long silence as everyone stared at Chibiusa's teacup until Luna finally spoke up.

"Most likely, with Luna-P gone, Chibiusa's memories got erased from everyone she had met," the black feline said.

"I suppose that deep down, they still remember her, despite everything," said Makoto.

Then, Usagi finally spoke. "Luna, do you think that I'm acting selfishly for missing Chibiusa?" she asked quietly.

Everyone else looked across to Usagi, not expecting such a question.

Usagi then explained. "I mean, now that she's gone, everything is back to how it's supposed to be. I should be happy now that I don't have her around to bug me, but this house feels empty. Not only that, but Harusuke's not around either. It just feels so..."

The blonde ordango bit her lip putting her face in her hands as she tried not to cry.

Rei wrapped her arms around Usagi in a hug and gently nuzzled her forehead against hers, smiling kindly. "It's going to be alright, Usagi," she reassured. "We'll work together to find a way to remove the evil from them and bring back the girl we love as well as your brother."