Chapter 69

Rei, her Grandpa, and Yuichirou were busily at work sweeping outside the shrine. It was tranquil, with only the three of them being around.

Rei's grandpa couldn't help but feel bored as well as mopey as he let out a sigh. "I wonder why there haven't been any girls coming to the shrine lately?" he wondered.

"Who knows?" shrugged Yuichirou.

Rei then took out a magazine and showed it to the two of them. "Maybe this is your answer, Grandpa," she said huffily. "This month's Nanako magazine has an entire article talking about how you harass all of the young girls who visit our shrine.

Rei's grandpa was surprised as he snatched the magazine from Rei's hands, flipping through the pages until he came to the article in question on a page. It was about two pages long had a few pictures of him being his strange, goofy self with a large headline that read:

BEWARE OF THE OLD LECHER AT HIKAWA SHRINE!

"Oh, my goodness!" Rei's grandpa shrieked with disbelief. "You weren't kidding!"

"So you see Grandpa, you need to change your ways," went on Rei. "Make sure you repent, okay?"

Rei's grandpa looked at Rei and shooking his head. "Nope. I'm putting you in charge of the shrine, Rei," he said. "From this moment on, I'm retiring as a priest and purse another business!"

And with that, Rei's Grandpa stomped crossly away, muttering as Rei and Yuichirou watched him go away with puzzled and surprised looks.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Luna had just entered Usagi's room at the Tsukino house, only to see the odango blonde at her table with all of her papers on it and her schoolbag open. Luna at first thought that she was studying, but when she hopped onto the table, she saw that Usagi was fast asleep, much to her disappointment.

Just then, Chibiusa snuck into Usagi's room and quietly tip-toed over to Usagi, still set on taking the Silver Crystal from her. She gently and sneakily began feeling around Usagi's body, hoping she would have it on her. Unfortunately, Usagi woke up, and before she could even react, Usagi shot up to her and held her by the arms.

"Let go of me!" screeched Chibiusa as she flailed. "And hand over the Silver Crystal!"

"Not going to happen!" Usagi spoke. "You wake me up; you pay the price! You know you're no match for me!"

She put Chibiusa on her lap and raised her hand about to spank her when Harusuke entered the room.

"Hey! Break it up, you two!" Harusuke barked. "What's going on here?!"

"Help me, Harusuke!" Chibiusa wailed. "Usagi's going to spank me again for no reason!"

"No reason?! You're the one who came into my room!" Usagi snapped. "Not only that, but you're still dead set on the Silver Crystal! That's breaking and entering!"

"Enough!" Harusuke snapped. "You two stop fighting right now. Otherwise, I won't buy pork buns for you today!" He then spoke sternly to Usagi. "Besides, Usagi, haven't you forgotten that we're supposed to be over at the Hikawa Shrine to help out Rei today?"

Usagi gasped. "Oh, yeah! That's right! I forgot!"

She then raced out of the room, with Harusuke following in hot pursuit, leaving a sulky Chibiusa behind.

"I wish that I was stronger than Usagi!" Chibiusa thought bitterly. "I need to make myself stronger, so she won't spank me!"

She then ran out of the room, following Harusuke and Usagi along with Luna.