Chapter 123

Usagi and the group were walking to the Hikawa Shrine for Study Hall.

"Man, I'm not looking forward to another day of study hall," sighed Minako. "I don't even wanna think about studying right now."

"Me either," agreed Makoto. "But we have tests coming up and the high school entrance exams to boot. So why do we have to take so many tests anyway?

"Because teachers want to be sure that we've learned the material they're learning by challenging us," said Ami importantly. "After all, it wouldn't be called school if we all didn't learn something."

"Ami's right. It's important to keep up on your studies, so you'll be ready for any challenges down the road," said Luna. "And everything that you learned may come in handy someday."

"But couldn't they give us fewer tests?" groaned Minako. "I mean, sometimes I feel as though my brain's gonna explode after getting packed with so much information when we're studying."

"Now, Minako, I know that you hate studying, and I ain't too keen on it either," said Harusuke. "But it's not so bad once you got the material down. I mean, I had trouble with learning some things too, and look how I turned out."

"You only say that is because you and Ami are the geniuses in our group!" huffed Minako. "If you understood how I feel, you'd want to duck out of Study Hall, too! And it's not just me, right, Usagi?"

"I don't mind at all," said Usagi. "I'm honestly looking forward to Study Hall."

No sooner than she said these words, everyone immediately stopped walking, staring at Usagi with horror-stricken faces, while Usagi kept going until she stopped, too.

"What's the matter, everyone?" asked Usagi.

"Y-You just said you enjoyed Study Hall!" Minako squeaked.

"The Usagi we know would never say something like that!" gulped Makoto.

"Ami? Is there a condition for how Usagi's acting right now?" Harusuked asked, very concerned. "It's obvious that she may have caught a disease.",

"I'm not quite sure," said Ami uneasily.

"Hey! I'll have you know that I'm perfectly healthy!" Usagi snapped indignantly. Her scowl then softened. "I like Study Hall, not because of all the studying we have to do, but the time we spend together at Rei's place. Rei may be mean at times, but she always welcomes us whenever we go to her place. I'm grateful that we have someone like her."

"You mean you like it because of the snacks and the manga Rei has in her room," said Luna snootily.

Th ordango blonde glared crossly at Luna.

The teens soon came up to the steps and came up to the shrine's entrance. But as they were about to pass through the torii, three men came walking down the steps. Two of them were wearing black suits with matching dark sunglasses dressed very smartly, and the third was a young man with short black hair and wore glasses.

"Who are those guys?" wondered Usagi.

"I don't know," said Ami. "I've never seen them before."

"Whoever they are, they seem pretty important," said Minako. "And the guy in the middle looks pretty easy on the eyes.

The teens then watched as the three walked past them, none of them giving them so much as a glance. Then, the teens continued until they reached the top of the steps, passing through the torii. However, they found Rei's Grandpa standing outside when they got there, holding a large white box tied with a blue ribbon. Feeling curious, Usagi the others all came up to him.