Chapter 109

Our chapter begins with Haruka racing into the darkness of a tunnel, her motorcycle roaring and throttling echoing in the dark until she reemerged into the light of the sun. She continued to speed along until she drove up a grassy hill and came to a stop on top of it. That grassy hill overlooked a particular school that Haruka used to go to a while back. As she stared at the school, Haruka began to feel nostalgic, remembering back to the days when she used to be an ordinary girl.

"As far back as I can remember, I've wanted to become like the wind more than anything. I even imagined herself becoming one with it. Free from gravity and just soaring through the sky. Although looking back on it now, I was probably trying to escape my fate. And after each battle, I'd see a new and more enlightened self emerging."

Haruka then took off her helmet, wanting to feel the calm wind graze her cheeks and blow her hair. But as she did, the wind began to blow harder than usual, and as Haruka looked up, she could see the clouds in the sky slowly start to eclipse the sun, casting a shadow from where she was.

"The wind's begun to pick up."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Inside the lab, Tomoe was running on a treadmill, running and working up a sweat, trying to develop an idea for the next target. He was wearing a white tank top with blue shorts and sneakers for this occasion. As he kept running on the treadmill, Eudial appeared in the room, and she saw Tomoe; she was puzzled.

"Um, Tomoe? May I ask what you're doing?" wondered Eudial.

"Moderate exercise helps stimulate brain activity!" panted Tomoe. "I'm working on an idea for our next target, and it's already forming!"

"If you say so, Tomoe," Eudial spoke doubtfully.

"I think it's time I take things a step further!" Tomoe gasped. "Let's turn up the heat!"

Tomoe set the treadmill with a push of a button to its maximum speed, causing the belt to turn faster, making Tomoe run harder. Eudial watched with surprised eyes as Tomoe sprinted so quickly his legs almost became blurred. Finally, after a few seconds of running like a speeding madman, Tomoe got an idea.

"Eudial! I got it!" Tomoe gasped. "How about you make our next target an athlete?"

"Well, the idea has merit," said Eudial. "But are you sure it's not because of what you're doing?"

"Trust me, Eudial!" panted Tomoe. "Our next target will be an athlete, and this target will have the Pure Heart that we seek for sure! I've arranged a Daimon to accompany you. You'll find the vial on my desk. Make sure you use it."

Eudial found the vial but still felt a bit unnerved seeing Tomoe run like a demon man, as he began to cackle madly while running.

"I don't know which amazes me more," Eudial said to herself. "The fact that he's still able to talk or how he's able to run so fast."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi and the gang were at the school, Shirakaba High. It was an open day for the school, and the group saw this as an opportunity to check it out and to see if this school would go to once they've passed the entrance exams, eventually coming to the gymnasium, where a large track was in the front as they walked around.

"Wow! Check out the gymnasium!" said Makoto. "It's huge!"

"If I'm lucky enough to get accepted, I could play a lot of volleyball in there!" agreed Makoto.