Chapter 140

In the hidden space of the circus tent, Zirconia once again stood alone before the mirror as Zircon showed her a replay of the recent battle between Super Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon and the lion. As she did, a dark and feminine voice came speaking to her.

"Intriguing. Without a doubt, that's the power of the Silver Crystal. And it would also appear that those of the White Kingdom have reincarnated. So what will you do now, Zirconia?"

"Do not be concerned, my queen," the old hag reassured. "I'm well aware of who they are now, nor have I forgotten about the White Kingdom. I know that they're our hated enemies, and I will make sure that we will succeed in eliminating them and achieve our goal."

"Good," the voice said. "Turn then all into the prey of nightmares and bring me Pegasus, and while you're at it, the Silver Crystal. I must have them both. I need them both. Is that understood?"

"As you wish," said Zirconia as she gave one last bow before leaving.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Over at the Hikawa Shrine, Usagi and Chibiusa were showing off their brooches with pride to the other girls while telling them what had happened with the lion.

"Man, it's just one thing after another with us," sighed Minako. "First, the eclipse, and now this?"

"And that lion from before must have been from the Dead Moon Circus," said Rei. "Now I'm even more suspicious of them."

"But, on the plus side, both Usagi and Chibiusa's power-ups couldn't have come at a better time," said Artemis. "With them being able to use their super forms, we should have the edge over our enemies."

"But that just means that the rest of us will have to get stronger too," said Makoto. "It does suck, though. We can't let them do all the work, right?"

"I'm just happy that I got a new brooch," smiled Usagi as she showed it off. "Look how sparkly and new it is!"

"I'm excited I'm finally a full-fledged Sailor Guardian," said Chibiusa. "and not just a trainee."

Usagi grinned teasingly. "You still have a ways to go, kiddo. About ten years at most."

Chibiusa sulkily pouted while everyone else laughed a bit.

"By the way, where's Harusuke?" Makoto asked the Tsukino girls. "Shouldn't he be with you guys?"

"He's over at the gym," replied Chibiusa. "He said that he had to get his daily reps in and would talk to us later."

"You mean he's working out again?" said Rei. "Now that I think about it, he does work out a lot. Probably keeping up his strength, I suppose."

"Say, Usagi? He hasn't been overdoing it with working out, has he?" Ami asked.

"I don't think so," replied Usagi. "Why do you ask that?"

"I'm just a bit concerned," said Ami. "If you remember our past instances with that blonde guy, Harusuke was beaten rather soundly in our last battles."

"Yeah. No kidding," Minako spoke with a frown. "Despite looking tacky, he was strong enough to beat him even when he used one of the new forms he got from Haruka and the others."

"And knowing him, he's probably training to the bone to get payback," Makoto said. "I honestly don't blame him. I can remember feeling the same way. So let's just hope he's not pushing himself too hard."

"I'm sure that there's nothing to worry about," said Usagi. "After all, Harusuke learned the hard way about what happens if you work out too much. Besides, Harusuke is a boy, after all. Sometimes a boy's gotta go and let off some steam once in a while."