Chapter 32

Somewhere in the middle of Juuban, a piercing cry of terror yowled out. That cry came from Luna, running as fast as her tiny paws could carry her. The reason was a giant stampede of angry cats relentlessly chasing behind her. Luna had no why they were chasing her, but one thing was for sure; it wasn't because they were trying to be friendly. Luna kept running and running, and the cats chased after her.

Then came trouble. In Luna's haste to escape, she didn't notice until too late that she had run into a parking lot leading to a dead end. She was now trapped. Luna nervously looked behind her and saw all the cats standing behind her, their eyes gleaming and their teeth in victorious smiles. A brown cat then walked forward, appearing to be the group leader. He was just about to give the order to finish Luna off, but then suddenly something shot from above, piercing the ground in front of the brown cat stopping him, similar to what Tuxedo Mask did when he entered.

Upon expecting the projectile, Luna, the brown cat, and his army were surprised to see that the object was a fishbone. They then looked up and saw where it had come from; sitting from above was another cat. However, unlike the others, the animal was large, fat, and a strange turquoise color with yellow eyes.

At first, Luna was disgusted upon seeing the cat, but then she noticed something. The brown cat and his army looked up at the fat turquoise cat with fright, their eyes wide in terror. It was apparent that they knew who the feline was. The fat turquoise cat looked at them, and his eyes widened as he gave them a menacing glare. Then the brown cat and his army slowly backed away from Luna and left the area until they were out of sight.

Luna watched as they all left, not believing what she was seeing. Then she felt a shot of pain which was coming from her tail. She looked at it and saw that a tiny pink cat was chewing on the end of her tail. Luna looked at the pink cat, and it looked back at her. Then the pink cat spat out Luna's tail and went on its way. Luna felt annoyed and wanted nothing more than to claw the little creature's eyes out, but then felt someone licking her tail which caused her to look, and she was surprised to see that it was the fat turquoise cat who was licking her. Luna, feeling more disturbed by her savior, was just about to reap the cat a new one when they heard a voice.

"Rhett Butler!"

The fat turquoise cat immediately scampered away, disappearing from behind a car. Feeling a bit curious, Luna peered from behind the corner to see where her savior was going. She then saw the cat in the arms of a little girl who was no more than about Shingo's age, had light pale skin, long brown hair with small green bows on the sides of her head, and wore a beautiful pink dress with white ruffles around her neck and on the ends of her sleeves trimmed green, and a large blue bow in the center of her chest.

"Oh, Rhett Butler! I've been looking everywhere for you," the girl said with relief. "You need to stop making me worry so much."

"He's not much of a Rhett Butler to me," muttered Luna as she went on her way, still feeling a bit disturbed.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the same time in the Dark Kingdom, Zoisite had just activated the Dark Crystal, showing him the next target. It was the little girl who was Rhett Bulter's owner.

"Well now, that's who the last target is," mused Zoisite as he played with the bangs of his hair. "I never would have imagined that it would be such a cute little girl." Then he smiled evilly. "This will make things a whole lot easier for me as I get the last Rainbow Crystal."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Luna had eventually made her way to the park, where she had arranged a meeting with the Guardians. When she arrived, she saw that Ami was waiting for her. Ami noticed the wound Luna suffered on the tip of her tail and was wondering what had happened. Luna then explained everything as she dipped it into the water at the fountain hoping its cold temperature would ease the pain.