Chapter 3

In the Dark Kingdom, Jadeite was before Queen Beryl once again, giving her an update of his next mission.

"Jadeite. How are we getting along with the collection of human energy for our great ruler?" she asked.

"Everything is going just as planned, Queen Beryl," said Jadeite. "But if you can give me a bit more time, success for the Dark Kingdom is assured."

"I see. And are you positive your plan will work this time?" asked Queen Beryl raising a brow.

"Yes. We have had some inference in the past," said Jadeite. "But this time, I will be working with Flau, and I feel confident that the result will not disappoint you."

Queen Beryl paused, thinking it over, but then she decided. "Very well, Jadeite. But keep in mind that this solely rests on your shoulders, so move forward and do not fail me this time."

"Yes, my queen," acknowledged Jadeite as he gave Queen Beryl a bow before disappearing to try and accomplish his next mission.

It was the middle of the night in the town of Juuban. Most of its residents were fast asleep except for a couple who were wide awake. Usagi was on the floor, hugging a pillow as she listened to the radio on top of her desk.

"'All my old diaries are full of thoughts of you... and now I fill them with memories of the past. I want to see you again, even if it's just one more time. So I can tell you how I feel deep inside my heart.' That last letter came from the pen name "Haruna the Dreamer" who lives in Juuban."

The moment Usagi heard the name Haruna, she nearly fell over in surprise.

"Haruna?! No way! That's the same name as the teacher!" she said. Then she shook her head. "Nah, it can't be her. It just couldn't be. Teachers like her never have boyfriends. Not to mention that she's way too old to be writing that kind of stuff."

"This program and currently accepting love letter submissions from all listeners," continued the announcer. "If we pick your letter, you'll receive a lovely flower brooch that is said to bring you luck in love. And with that, that's all for tonight's Midnight Zero brought to you by FM Ten to help you find your love. Be sure to tune in tomorrow. I'm J. Daito, and until then, goodnight."

"Oh wow..." sighed Usagi as she got up and sat on her bed. "I wish that I could win one of those flower brooches."

As the radio transmission ended, Luna and Harusuke entered the room.

"Hey, Usagi. What are you doing up?" asked Luna.

"Yeah. Don't you know that you should be asleep by now?" asked Harusuke while rubbing his eyes.

Usagi didn't pay attention to either of them, deep in her thoughts, thinking about how to win one of the flower brooches she heard about on the radio. "Now that I think about it... I don't think I've written a love letter before," she muttered, putting a finger to her chin.