Chapter 141

Usagi and the gang were having drinks and ice cream together at the Fruits Parlor Crown. While they did, Usagi focused on reading a book titled "The Moon Night Pegasus." Chibiusa, Makoto, and even Ami were reading it a bit, and even Unazuki couldn't help but stop by.

As she finished reading a part of a chapter, Usagi was overcome with emotion, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"This is such a beautiful and touching story!" she wept. "The tale of unrequited love between a pegasus and a woman! It makes me cry no matter how many times I read it!"

"I know. I've read that book myself," smiled Unazuki. "It's no surprise it's sold over a million copies."

"I'm just surprised that Usagi's even reading a novel," Rei spoke teasingly. "Normally, she would only read either manga or picture books. It makes me wonder who bribed her."

"Hey, that's not very nice, Rei!" huffed Usagi. "Besides, you probably haven't even read it yourself, have you?"

Rei then flinched, unable to come up with a comeback.

"You can't blame her. I must have cried at least ten times when I read it," said Minako. "It's such a good book."

"One day, I hope that I'll be able to fall passionately in love like that," Unazuki sighed dreamily.

"Me too," concurred Ami. "Even I was surprised by how moving the story was.

Now, Rei began to feel a bit sheepish as well as surprised. "Even Ami's read the book? It really must be an incredible novel. I'm so behind!"

As she read the book, Chibiusa's eyes were wide with wonder if the author who wrote it knew the same Pegasus as she did.

Then, she noticed Makoto and Harusuke. Harusuke was staring out the window while Makoto stared at her book copy, surprise evident on her face.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A little later, Usagi, Harusuke, Chibiusa, Luna, Diana, and Makoto all went together to Juuban Park to talk. Usagi and Chibiusa were quick to ask Harusuke about his current state having an idea of why.

"Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about it," said Harusuke. "Given that my powers haven't been up to snuff lately."

"I still can't believe that happened," suggested Makoto. "You think your power could be going under some kind of evolution like before?"

"That would be plausible theory," said Luna. "But if that's the case, you'd better be prepared for sudden changes, Harusuke. Hopefully, your bracelet doesn't break again."

"I hope so, too, Luna," said Harusuke as he looked at his crystal. "Because as things stand now, if this goes on, I'm worried I'll end up being a burden again. I want to think that it's a phase, but I can't help but worry if it's something else."

Usagi slapped Harusuke on the shoulder to pep him up. "Come on, Harusuke! I'm sure it'll be OK!" she encouraged. "After all, you're the guardian of the sun! You've bounced back from tougher things than this!"

"Yeah, Usagi's right," agreed Chibiusa. "And if you are going through a phase, maybe you'll gain an even cooler power."

Harusuke smiled a little. "Maybe," he said with a bit of hope.

"By the way, Mako. You seemed surprised when we talked about that book," said Chibiusa. "Did you find the book to be as moving as we did?"

"Well, yeah, but it's nothing serious like that," said Makoto. "The thing is, and this may be hard to believe, but you know the author of that book, Tomoko Takase? I used to be classmates with her before I transferred schools."