Chapter 92

After Sailor Moon and her party regrouped inside the Crystal Palace, Solaris and Tuxedo Mask told everyone about Chibiusa, and naturally, everyone was worried. They all split up, searching throughout the Crystal Palace as they called out her name, but alas, Chibiusa was nowhere around. They soon met up in the upper levels of the palace, in a large garden in the central tower.

"Any luck, you guys?" asked Sailor Moon

"No," replied Sailor Mars. "We can't find her anywhere."

"You don't think that the enemy has got her, do you?" asked Sailor Jupiter worriedly. "If she's not anywhere in the palace then-"

"We shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet," Tuxedo Mask cut in. "We've got to keep looking."

"Tuxedo Mask's right," agreed Solaris. "Let's all split up again and look around one more time. If you see anything, use your communicators."

Everyone answered with a nod, and they all scattered in different directions resuming their search.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In the Black Monolith, Wiseman was alone with Chibiusa, who was hovering just above him, as the evil specter continued using his powers as well as psychological torture on the poor odango.

"Horrible memories of the past leave deep, painful scars, and yours are no exception," Wiseman said. "Small Lady, you remember how your mean mother and cruel father always mistreated you, don't you?"

Chibiusa didn't say anything, nor did she need to. Wiseman's crystal ball would answer for her as it began to show another one of her memories.

When she was a bit smaller than she is now, she was walking out in the rain with her mother and her father, feeling as happy as can be. Then Chibiusa heard a sound that caught her attention. The sound was coming from a cute, little green frog just a few feet away from where they were. Being the curious little girl she was and wanting to catch the frog, Chibiusa chased after it.

"Don't run. Small Lady!" warned Neo Queen Serenity. "You'll trip and fall!"

Then, just as her mother had said, Chibiusa fumbled and fell flat on her face onto the cold, wet ground as her umbrella went flying. Naturally, being the child she was after taking the fall, Chibiusa began to sniffle as her eyes filled with tears until she began to cry.

Neo Queen Serenity sighed. "You see what happens when you don't listen to Mommy?" she said. "And crying won't help you either."

Chibiusa was surprised as well as cross. "Mommy, I hate you!" she wailed bitterly. She looked at her father. "Daddy, help me up!"

Endymion glared at Chibiusa. "Get up by yourself," he said in a cold demeanor.

"Your parents never gave you a helping hand," Wiseman said. "That act alone proves that they never loved you."

While he spoke to her, a stream of Dark Power began to rise from the floor and curl around Chibiusa's body, starting to corrupt her with its evil power. Knowing that she was starting to lose herself to the evil force, Wiseman waved his hands around his crystal ball again, using it to show the pink odango girl another memory.

"Think back. Remember," Wiseman spoke in a hypnotic tone. "All the many examples of those who have hated you."

Another memory then appeared in his crystal ball. This time, Chibiusa saw herself standing alone outside the Crystal Palace, looking very sad and alone. Then, Solaris and Sailors Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus came up.