Chapter 118

Usagi and the gang were over at Rei's house. However, it wasn't for their regular study session. Instead, the teens had told the cats their report of what happened at the Game Center Crown to Luna and Artemis, hoping they would make sense of the event.

"So, this Daimon just appeared in the middle of broad daylight?" puzzled Artemis. "That seems a bit strange."

"I agree," said Luna. "It seems way too bold even for them, and there wasn't anyone controlling it either, just like what happened in the mountains."

"I doubt that the enemy's getting sloppy; otherwise, they wouldn't have realized a Daimon like that in public," said Ami. "There has to be an ulterior motive. But the question is what?"

"If only we had something else to go on," said Makoto.

"Hold on. I just remembered something," said Minako. "Remember the recent Daimon's victim? It was a girl from Mugen Academy."

Usagi was puzzled. "And... what does that have to do with anything?" she wondered.

"There was another girl from Mugen Academy that got attacked back when we followed Rei in the resort on her birthday," explained Minako. "Now, I could be wrong, but that seems too much of a coincidence to me."

"Are you suggesting that Mugen Academy has something to do with the recent attacks?" asked Harusuke. "That's a pretty bold assumption, and yet it makes sense."

"Yeah. Now that you mention it, it does sound a bit fishy," said Rei. "Maybe the two incidents are connected somehow, and Mugan Academy does have something to do it."

"Then, we're all in agreement," said Minako. "We'll start investigating Mugen Academy as soon as we can."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After a while, Usagi and Harusuke made it back home, where Ikuko was waiting for them in the kitchen.

"We're home!" the Tsukino siblings announced.

"Welcome home, you two," greeted Ikuko. "You two were out pretty late. So where were you two?"

"Just our usual study session, Mom," said Harusuke. "We were studying so much that we lost track on time."

Just then, they heard Chibiusa, who was speaking to someone on the phone.

"OK. That sounds great, Mamo. Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow."

When she heard Chibiusa mention Mamoru's name, Usagi's ears perked up. Chibiusa hung up and was about to walk away when Usagi grabbed her by the scruff of her uniform, stopping her.

"Hey, Chibiusa, what was with that phone call?!" demanded Usagi. "Why were you talking to Mamo, and what's tomorrow?!"

Chibiusa slyly grinned at her. "You want to know?" she asked, playing innocent. "Well, I'm ain't telling. It's my little secret. So you'll never know."

As she made a face at her, Usagi grew all the more irritated and angry. At that moment, the two ordangos began to wrestle, Usagi trying to get Chibiusa to talk, while Chibiusa refused to tell, much to the chagrin of Harusuke and Ikuko. Finally, Ikuko scooped up Chibiusa away from Usagi, having enough.

"That's enough! Why are you two always at each other's throats all the time?!" Ikuko spoke sternly. "Chibiusa is going to the amusement park with her friends after school tomorrow, but I can't take her because I have to attend a Women's Association meeting. Therefore, with everything that's been happening lately, I asked Mamoru if he could escort, which was why Chibiusa was calling him."