Chapter 38

Everyone was hanging out at the Hikawa Shrine, waiting for Usagi to come back from school, talking to each other about the little stuff. However, there was one among them lost in his thoughts.

Harusuke was still wondering about the other night when he visited Nephrite's grave.

"I know that it was just a cloth from Naru's pajamas, but that was the only reminder of Nephrite," he thought. "What could have happened to it? And who would even bother to take it? Perhaps the wind blew it away?"

"Is something the matter, Harusuke?" wondered Ami. "You look deep in thought about something."

Harusuke then looked up and noticed Ami looking at him quizzically.

"Oh. It's nothing, Ami," Harusuke said, shaking his head."Just in my own little world, that's all."

Just then, Usagi finally arrived, running up to them.

"Usagi! You're late!" complained Rei. "I knew that you had to stay after school, but what took you so long?!"

The twin odango blonde dug into her pocket and took out an advertisement grinning from cheek to cheek. "This!" she spoke, pointing to the paper excitedly. "There's a skiing contest happening at the resort in the mountains this weekend! It's called The Moon Princess Contest!"

"The Moon Princess Contest?" Harusuke repeated.

"That seems like an odd coincidence," Minako said.

"Yeah, but it's perfect!" Usagi nodded eagerly. "A contest like this one is tailor-made for me to win, don't you think?!"

"Let me see that," spoke Rei as she snatched the advertisement away from her and took a quick scan. She then hummed in interest. "Wow! So the winner gets to be crowned Moon Princess at night, in front of a big crowd of people?!"

She then began to imagine herself skiing down the snowy slope like a pro winning the contest with the crowd cheering for her.

"Wow... I can see myself there," she sighed. "It even sounds romantic."

"I know, right?!" agreed Usagi eagerly. "So, does that mean a yes?!"

"It's fine with us, but what about Luna and Artemis?" wondered Makoto. "I mean, what are those gonna say when they hear about it?"

"Don't worry about them," smiled Minako. "I'll just say that we're all going to the mountains to do some serious training."

Usagi was a bit surprised. "I'm... actually kind of surprised that you would suggest telling them that," she said.

"It shouldn't. I mean, it's the truth, isn't it?" asked Minako.

"I believe it's more like stretching the truth, Minako," said Ami. "But I'm sure they'll more likely believe it, coming from you."

"Great! That means all of us can go!" cheered Usagi.

"But where are we gonna find a hotel vacancy on such short notice?" wondered Rei.

"I think that I can help you with that," said a familiar voice behind them. "That is if you don't mind."

Everyone looked to find Yuichiro standing there.

"Do you know a place, Yuichiro?" asked Harusuke.

"Sure. My parents live in that area, and they own a place that's big enough for all of you to stay," Yuichiro said.

"Whoa! That's awesome!" Usagi smiled, her eyes sparkling. "We would so appreciate that!"

"Then it's settled!" Yuichiro smiled back. "I'll take this weekend off, and then I'll just-"