Chapter 15

In the Dark Kingdom, Nephrite stood before Queen Beryl discussing his ideas of gathering energy.

"Jadeite was failing because he took energy from anyone and everyone he could," explained Nephrite. "But that's nothing more than a waste of time and effort."

"I see. Since you're in charge, I trust that you have a better plan than Nephrite?" asked Queen Beryl as she concentrated on her wand.

"Yes, I do," said Nephrite. "Unlike Jadeite, who kept on targeting people indiscriminately, I will obtain all the energy we need from just one single victim."

Queen Beryl raised a brow. "Really? And how will you accomplish that?"

"The stars govern the fate of every human in the world, defining the destiny for each one of them. It is also the same with their energy," said Nephrite. "There's a moment in every person's life when their energy level reaches their highest peak. Therefore, I will analyze the motions of the stars and then target the person whose energy is going to increase the most."

"Well, you certainly seem confident," snickered a voice from above him.

Nephrite turned around and looked up and behind him to find another man, who was another one of Queen Beryl's general's floating above him. He also wore the same outfit as Nephrite and Jadeite, but his trims were colored green. He also had peach blonde hair kept in a ponytail and emerald green eyes. When Nephrite saw this man, he was not amused.

"What do you want, Zoisite?" he asked in an annoyed tone. "And why are you even here?"

"I just thought I should warn you," said Zoisite with a sly grin. "That kind of overconfidence has brought down many, you know. Just ask Jadeite."

Nephrite wouldn't have it with this man. "Get lost," he growled. "When I do find that person whose energy will increase, I will infiltrate the human world and exploit their weaknesses. And just so we're clear, I certainly will not need any help from you!"

Zoisite chuckled mockingly. "That's funny because right now, I'm picturing you crawling back to Queen Beryl, battered, defeated, and in tears."

Nephrite looked at Zoisite with a threatening glare, ready to tear him a new one.

"My, my. How scary," said Zoisite as he disappeared in a veil of flower petals, leaving the throne room.

Queen Beryl then looked at Nephrite. "I'll leave the rest to you then, Nephrite," she said. "Do not fail me."

Nephrite gave a bow to her and then disappeared, setting off on his critical mission.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In a woodland area just outside of the city of Tokyo, a mansion stood. It was huge, ancient, and it seemed to have stood there for quite some time. This place was Nephrite's base of operations. As he stood in a big spacious, empty room, it darkened, and a projection of Earth surrounded by various stars appeared above him. He closed his eyes and began to concentrate.

"Stars that see all. Stars that know all," he said. "Oh, celestial orbs, grant me your mystic power."

The Earth at the center of the projection began to pulse with light. Then a beam of light shot from it, shining right in the middle of Nephrite's forehead, making a premonition of his first victim appear in his mind. It was a young girl wearing an outfit for tennis with blue eyes and brown hair tied in a ponytail.

"Yes. The noble archer Chiron is about to fire his arrow right into the center of the Milky Way," he thought. "And Sagittarius' target is you, Rui Saionji! Your energy shall be mine!"