Chapter 144

Usagi and the group were walking around downtown. They were talking to each other and enjoying themselves, but one among them didn't seem keen.

As he walked while keeping quiet, Harusuke was busy thinking about what had transpired in the previous battle. He could remember most of what happened, but, much to his confusion, he couldn't remember transforming, no matter how much he tried.

"At the time, I felt so weak and in pain," he thought. "I was desperate to protect Mom and terrified that she would get hurt. Then, when Hawk's Eye told me what happens when a dream mirror's destroyed, my entire body was swallowed by fear and anger. The next thing I knew, Hawk's Eye had run away, and the Lemures was destroyed. But what I don't get is why can't I remember?"

"Harusuke? Harusuke! Harusuke!"

Makoto's voice suddenly snapped Harusuke back to reality as he realized the girls were staring at him.

"Wait, what? I wasn't paying attention."

Usagi and the girls could see that Harusuke appeared worried and knew of the reason.

"Harusuke, are you doing OK?" asked Rei. "Are you still thinking about... you know."

"You don't need to beat around the bush, Rei," sighed Harusuke. "Yes, I'm still thinking about my sudden transformation, and I can't stop myself from doing so. Not to mention, I'm still wondering why I can't remember anything after I transformed, and given what you told me afterward, I can't help but wonder if I was that terrifying."

There was a brief and uncomfortable pause as everyone kept silent, unsure what to say. Then, Minako went over to Harusuke and gave him a gentle flick to his forehead, making him flinch.

"H-Hey! What that for, Minako?!" demanded Harusuke.

"Come on, Harusuke. I get you're worried, but let's turn that frown upside down," the red-bowed blonde cheerily spoke while winking. "Besides, if you keep worrying, you're just going to stress yourself out that way."

"But I-."

"I agree with Minako," said Usagi. "All this worrying is going to stress you out, Bro. Besides, I'm sure what happened back there was a one-time thing."

"But what if it wasn't?" Harusuke asked worriedly. "What if I end up transforming like that again? I can't help but worry about that. And I know I shouldn't be moping around, but - it's hard, y'know?"

Yet again, there was silence. Then, Makoto made a suggestion.

"Here's an idea. Why don't you do something to get your mind off of things? Like going on a trip?"

"That's a great idea, Makoto," said Ami. "Studies show that taking a trip is a good way of refocusing and distracting your mind."

"But don't I already go out when I'm with you guys?" wondered Harusuke. "I mean, we're always hanging out together. Plus, I don't have cash on me to go on one."

"Then, how about you do something different?" suggested Luna. "Something that you don't normally would do."

"Like trying a new hobby, maybe going somewhere different," added Artemis. "Maybe even staying at a friend's house for the first time."

Rei then gasped excitedly. "Hey! I got an idea! Why don't you stay over at my place for a bit?"

Everyone looked across to Rei, bewildered.

"What?!"

"Why not? We have rooms open, and it's quiet and peaceful over there," said Rei. "Plus, it'll save you a lot of money, you'll be close to home, and maybe you can do a bit of training."