Chapter 145

In the Dead Moon Circus Tent, inside the hidden room, Zirconia was in front of the mirror again. This time, she was watching a replay of Solaris's sudden transformation through Zircon.

"How unexpected," said the mirror. "I've never heard of someone from the White Kingdom suddenly exhibiting darkness like this."

"I was as surprised as you, my queen," said Zirconia. "I almost didn't believe it when I saw it. But I don't understand how someone like Solaris could suddenly obtain that kind of power."

The mirror then chuckled. "I believe I have an idea as to why," it said. "And the timing couldn't be better."

"What do you mean by that, my queen?" asked Zirconia.

"Well, let's just say that part of our revenge against the White Kingdom has already begun to take root," the mirror spoke with a malicious hint. "And I intend to take advantage of it. Until then, please keep a close watch on him. He may be one of the keys we need for the White Kingdom's undoing."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the tent, Tiger's Eye told everyone what happened on his last mission.

Everyone couldn't help but be skeptical.

"So you're saying that Solaris gave you such a scare that you froze up with fear?" asked Fish's Eye. "You must be joking. Talk about pathetic. It sounds like you're coming up with a lame excuse for your recent failure to find Pegasus."

"Yeah, no kidding," agreed JunJun. "First Hawk's Eye and now you, Tiger's Eye. Are you sure you two were seeing things and are cracking under the pressure or something?"

"It's the truth!" protested Hawk's Eye. "Say what you will, but I wasn't about to risk my life going up against something like that! You would have done the same thing if you were there yourselves!"

"Speak for yourself," scoffed Fish's Eye. "If I had been there, I would have handled him with those other Guardians no problem."

"Yeah, right! You haven't even taken a single target, Fish's Eye!" Tiger's Eye countered. "At least we haven't been cooped up in the bar all day long!"

Fish's Eye glared, and Tiger's Eye glared back.

"Hey, now, take it easy, you two," said VesVes. "There's no need to be arguing."

At that moment, they heard Zirconia's voice.

"Quiet down! All of you!"

Immediately, everyone went silent as Zirconia appeared at the end of the elephant statue's trunk. The Amazon Trio and the Amazon Quartet quickly bowed as Zirconia spoke.

"Hey, Granny Zirconia, get this," said JunJun. "Hawk's Eye's got a story to tell you."

"I'm already aware," said Zirconia. "It's about Solaris and his strange instances, and I believe I know the cause of it."

The Amazon Trio and Quartet were surprised. "You do?" they all asked.

"It's because of the Nightmare Lemures," went on Zirconia. "As you know, they're the physical manifestation of nightmares and carry the power of darkness. That darkness can not only do a lot of damage to our enemies but can also cause corruption and amplify the darkness in one's heart. And Solaris is no exception."

"So you're saying that Solaris transformed the way he did because he was corrupted?" wondered Hawk's Eye.

"Correct," nodded Zirconia. "Although, even I'm surprised with the power he displayed, which might prove to be a problem for us."