Chapter 108

The next day, everyone was over at the Hikawa Shrine with Chibiusa as the Tsukinos surprise guest.

"Hello everyone," Chibiusa greeted in a prim and proper tone. "I have returned to the twentieth century to further my training of being a Sailor Guardian. I look forward to learning from every one of you."

"Oh, my. What a prim and proper girl you've become, Chibiusa," commented Luna. "You've certainly matured the last time we saw you."

"I'll say," agreed Ami. "And you've grown a bit, too."

"Yup. That's my daughter for you," Usagi beamed with pride. "You can thank the future me for teaching her a thing or two."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Usagi," snickered Rei.

"Chibiusa, we're glad to have you back with us again," said Harusuke. "But who in the world decided this anyway?"

The little pink ordango girl remembered and took out two envelopes in her pocket, handing each one over to Usagi and Harusuke. "Oh, yeah! I have a letter from Mommy. And I've got one for you too, Harusuke."

Usagi then took the letter from Chibiusa and then read it aloud. "It says, "Wow. I don't know how to thank you enough for allowing Small Lady to train with you, Past Me. Please take good care of her while she's there. Signed Neo Queen Serenity." She then looked up in confusion. "That's all it says."

Rei then took the letter and read it herself. "You're kidding me," she said with a frown. "That's all she wrote?"

"Well, when you remember that Neo Queen Serenity is Usagi from the future," said Luna. "Then, the letter makes sense."

Usagi glared at Luna in a pout. "And what's that supposed to mean?!" she demanded crossly.

Minako took the letter and looked at it as well. "Well, I got to say, you have a point, Luna," she said while showing it to everyone. "She wrote this letter without kanji characters! It's like a child wrote this!"

Everyone face-faulted to the ground, especially Usagi, then everyone excluding the ordango blonde crowded around Minako, wanting to see from themselves.

"Look at that! She's right!" gasped Makoto. "Her kanji's all sorts of messed up!"

"One of the characters was written wrong and then erased!" pointed out Harusuke.

"Her participle's dangling too!" said Ami.

"She even misspelled daughter by having a Q in it!" said Rei.

"She must have been having trouble with that word," said Artemis, who was looking from on top of Minako's head. "She should have used a dictionary."

"Why are any of you surprised?" said Luna from on top of Ami's head. "Don't forget we're talking about Usagi here."

Usagi's face went red as a tomato with embarrassment and anger. "Hey, guys, we're supposed to be focusing on Chibiusa here, aren't we?" she seethed impatiently.

"Well, she did mention training, but training in what exactly?" wondered Minako.

"Yeah. If it's training to become a princess, then there's no reason for her to come here," said Makoto.

"Maybe it has to do with her training as a Guardian," suggested Harusuke. "That would make sense."

"Well, one thing's for sure," said Rei. "I certainly hope that Chibiusa doesn't pick up Usagi's clumsiness."

"No kidding," nodded Luna. "If she did, it would be a total disaster."

Chibiusa laughed. "Yeah, the Sailor Mars in the future told me all sorts of things about Usagi being silly."