Chapter 95

It wasn't too long before Sailor Moon and her friends managed to reach the top of the Malefic Black Crystal, where the Dark Gate was just above them. Waiting for them was Dark Nova, who stood right in the middle of the platform like he was waiting for them.

"Harusuke!" cried Sailor Moon. "Where's Chibiusa?"

Dark Nova gazed coldly at her. "I told you, my name is Dark Nova, and my lady is known as Black Lady," he said. "And to answer your question, my lady it up above using her powers to open the Dark Gate. It won't be long until it's finally opened, and when that happens, my lady's wish for destruction will come true."

"There is no way we're going to let that happen!" Sailor Jupiter said defiantly. "We'll stop the Dark Gate from opening before she gets a chance to open it!"

"Is that so?" Dark Nova asked with a raised brow. "Then, if you wish to stop my lady, you'll have to get by me first. My lady has ordered me to guard this place until she opens the gate, and there is no way I will let any of you pass."

Dark Nova then began to walk towards Sailor Moon and the other Guardians, his eyes filled with malice and intent, his hands crackling with Dark Power.

"Harusuke, we're not your enemies! Please get out of our way!" Sailor Moon begged. "We don't want to fight you!"

"For the last time, Harusuke is not my name!" Dark Nova barked. "I am Dark Nova, loyal servant of Black Lady! And anyone who dares get in her way will pay the ultimate price that is death!"

"Come on, Harusuke! Can't you see that you're not in your right mind?!" Sailor Mars cried. "You don't know what you're doing!"

"Enough with your lies!" Dark Nova snarled. "I will destroy every last one of you, Guardians, for threatening my lady's wishes!"

Dark Nova then shot towards the girls, intent on obeying his lady's command to the death.

"Look out! He's coming!" Sailor Jupiter yelled.

As Dark Nova swung, Sailor Jupiter met him with a punch of her own, causing their fists to collide. Dark Nova then swung his leg, forcing Sailor Jupiter to block with her arms, and knocked her away. Sailor Mars then jumped in with a kick of her own, only for Dark Nova to catch it and throw it away and counter with a foot to the gut. Then, Sailors Mercury and Venus grabbed each of his arms, trying to hold him, but Dark Nova threw them off and punched them both on each of their cheeks.

Dark Nova then charged at Sailor Moon with a backhand swing of his hand. Sailor Moon immediately ducked out of the way and stepped back as Dark Nova attacked her again with a kick. She once again managed to dodge, but as she tried to counter Dark Nova, he generated a giant ball of energy and hurled it straight toward her. Sailor Moon let out a startled yelp and jumped out of the way to dodge, but when the blast hit the floor and exploded, the force was enough to blow the girl a good few feet before tumbling the ground. The other guardians quickly rushed over to Sailor Moon.

"Sailor Moon, are you alright?!" asked Sailor Venus.

"I think so," Sailor Moon grunted, shaking the dizziness out of her head.

"This fight is pointless!" said Sailor Mercury. "Harusuke's not going to be able to break free so easily. Not to mention all that Dark Power's made him stronger than before!"

"But there's got to be a way to snap him out of it!" Sailor Venus said. "We just need to find a way!"

"But how?" wondered Sailor Jupiter. "Harusuke's almost if not just as strong as we are, and he's certainly not making it easy for us!"

At that moment, an antenna extended from Dark Nova's forehead, cracking and sparking with lightning. "MALEFIC SUPREME THUNDER!" he yelled as he unleashed a powerful blast of lightning.