Chapter 120

At the Hikawa Shrine, Usagi and the others enjoyed a break from their study session by watching a concert on TV. The one singing was a man with bright brown hair wearing a white suit. As he finished his song, the girls went wild with screams as they cheered.

"Wow, that's crazy," murmured Rei in amazement. "Those girls are like ants in a pile of sugar."

"Don't those fan-girls have anything better to do?" asked Makoto.

"Sounds funny coming from you, Mako," chuckled Harusuke. "I'm surprised you haven't gone goo-goo eyes and said, "He looks just like the guy who broke my heart."

"What do you mean by fan-girls?" asked Ami.

"They're girls who're obsessed with their favorite celebrities," explained Usagi. "Some even follow them all over the world."

"What would they do if they caught up with them?" wondered Ami.

"Oh, they don't do anything much; they just want to be near them," said Rei. "Just thinking about all that running around and screaming would wear me out."

"Yeah. I don't even understand why anyone would do it," agreed Usagi. "Don't you think so, Minako?"

Minako, who had been quiet the whole time, didn't answer, her eyes focusing squarely on the TV screen. Usagi then snapped her fingers in front of Minako's face to get her attention.

"Hey, Minako! Earth to Minako!" she barked.

Minako then blinked. "Wh-What? What's up?" she asked.

"You OK there? You looked like you were zoning out," said Usagi."

"You're not turning into one of those rabid fans drooling over that guy, are you?" questioned Rei with a teasing grin.

Minako smiled. "Of course, I'm not," she spoke innocently. "I don't even know who he is."

"Of course, you do, Minako," said Artemis. "It's Jinta Araki-"

But the white cat was rudely interrupted as Minako slammed his head to the floor, pinning him down.

"Who has time to get obsessed with pop stars?" Minako continued. "After all, we'll be in high school next year, so we won't have time to be doing things like that."

As they went back to studying, Minako happened to glance over at the TV, now showing a female reporter coming up to the singer. "That was Jinta Araki's new hit single: "Blue Crisis Love!" I'm here with the man in question after serenading the world with his beautiful voice," she turned to the male. "So, Jinta, do you have anything to tell our viewers at home as well as your other raving fans?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do," said Jinta. "I'm looking for someone to play as the heroine in a blockbuster movie that will be shooting this week. The first round of public auditions will be happening tomorrow at the Minato Cultural Center at four-thirty pm. There will also be a swimsuit competition, so make sure you bring your best, and let's get heated up for the summer." He then looked towards the camera and gave a flirtatious wink. "I'll be waiting, my sweet heroine."

Minako quickly wrote down the information, so she wouldn't forget while making sure not to show her excitement.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The next day everyone was over at Rei's place for study hall. Usagi, Rei, Ami, and Makoto were busily at work solving math problems when Artemis came into the room, noticing that a certain red-bowed blonde wasn't there with them.