Chapter 43

It was a dark and moonlit night outside of Tokyo. Everything was still and silent.

Suddenly, it got broken by the quick pitter-patter of running feet as six shadows dashed about in the night. One of the shadows was Sailor Moon, who was running as fast as she could while the other five shadows, the other guardians, pursued her. Eventually, they all reached an open area, and, seizing their chance, the other guardians leaped into the air and landed in front of them, cutting her off and having her surrounded.

"We got you now, Sailor Moon," Solaris called out. "Surrender now, and we'll make this as painless as possible."

"No way!" Sailor Moon spoke defiantly. "I will never surrender!"

"Oh? Is that so?" Sailor Jupiter spoke coolly.

"Then we've got no other choice," spoke Sailor Venus as she took a stance.

"This is it then," Sailor Mercury said, who seemed to be somewhat resentful. "Goodbye, stupid girl."

Sailor Mars then stepped forward and began charging her power into her fingertips. "Sailor Moon, prepare yourself!" she spoke. "In the name of Mars, I'll chastise you! MARS FIRE SOUL!"

She then unleashed a powerful fireball at Sailor Moon's feet. She meant to target only Sailor Moon but ended up putting so much power into her attack that it not only hit Sailor Moon but it also hit the other guardians as well. All of the guardians yelped and hopped around, trying to avoid the flames licking at their feet.

"Whoops. I - guess I overdid it a little," Sailor Mars thought, embarrassed.

As this turn of events continued, someone watched the guardians from the shadows behind a tree unknown to anyone. She eyed the guardians carefully for about a few seconds or so; then, it disappeared into the night.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In the Dark Kingdom, the orb on top of Queen Beryl's wand began to glow wildly with power as it sparked and shimmered, radiating with energy. Queen Beryl shouldn't help but shield her eyes, as did Kunzite and Zoisite. The orb calmed down a few seconds later, the glow fading away.

"That was another unusual burst of energy," spoke Queen Beryl.

"In these past few days, there have been several energy reactions similar to what we just saw," said Kunzite. "I suspect that it might have something to do with the Silver Crystal."

"How so?" wondered Queen Beryl.

"We should have an answer right now, my queen," said Zoisite as he turned around. "Oniwabandana? Are you there?"

At that moment, a monster came rising from the throne room floor until its entire appearance showed. The beast looked like a ninja female, had long brown-gray hair in a long ponytail with a red headband holding up her bangs, wore a black kunoichi dress that exposed her green skin with dark brown-red armor on her arms and legs with knee-high shoes to go with it. She also had a red scarf tied around her left leg above the knee.

"Yes, sir. Oniwabandana, at your service," the monster spoke, bowing.

"Have you figured out the cause of the energy readings?" asked Kunzite.

"Yes, I have, Ban Ban," replied Oniwabandana as she took photographs from her outfit. "Take a look for yourselves."

She then threw the two photographs. One went to Kunzite, and the other went to Queen Beryl, and with Zoisite looking over with Kunzite, they all looked at the pictures. At first, there was nothing to see, but then Oniwabandana made a camera gesture with her hands and winked. At that moment, both of the pictures became clear, and to Beryl's, Kunzite's, and Zoisite's surprise, each of the photographs revealed a picture of Sailor Moon fighting with the other guardians.