Chapter 65

It was another sunny day in the town of Juuban, but it wasn't a good morning. Usagi was racing down the street, running as fast as she could, looking very worried. Then as she came to an intersection, she happened to run past Mamoru, who was out for his morning jog.

"Yo! Usako!" Mamoru called. "I'm impressed to see you out and about like this. You out for a morning jog too?"

Usagi then screeched to a halt, and when she saw Mamoru, her worry immediately changed into joy as she rushed over to Mamoru, tackling him in a hug, burying her face into his chest.

"Oh, Mamoru! What a nice surprise to run into you like this~!" Usagi gushed lovingly. "It makes me feel so lucky.~"

Mamoru smiled as he embraced Usagi back. "Looks like you and I are bound by fate no matter what we do, huh, Usako?"

The two then gazed into each other's eyes and leaned in just about to kiss when they were rudely interrupted by Harusuke and Luna.

"Hey! Knock it off, you two, this isn't the time for kissy-face in public!" Harusuke snapped. "It's way too early in the morning this!"

"Harusuke's right, and you of all people should know that, Usagi!" Luna scolded crossly. "Have you forgotten what's going on?!"

Usagi then gasped, remembering. "Oh, right!" She looked at Mamoru. "We have a problem! Chibiusa's gone missing!"

Now Mamoru was concerned. "Was she kidnapped by that strange girl the other day?!" he asked.

"We don't think so," said Usagi. "The last time we saw her, she was in Usagi's bed, sleeping, but when we woke up, she wasn't there."

"We have to find her as soon as possible," said Luna. "We can't leave that little girl all by herself, considering that she's a target!"

"Then what are you doing standing around?! Let's go find her," said Harusuke.

And then four of them took off running in search of Chibiusa.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Close by at Juuban Park, at the playground, Chibiusa was sitting on the swings looking sad and alone with only her Luna-P ball for company. As she sat on the swing, he held the gold key that was around her neck in her hand as tears began to well up in her eyes.

At that moment, Mamoru, Usagi, Harusuke, and Luna arrived, and when they saw Chibiusa, they felt relieved, but at the same time, a little empathetic for seeing her so sad. So they all went over to her to see what was wrong.

"Chibiusa? What's the matter?" Usagi asked kindly. "Why'd you run off without telling anyone?"

"Yeah. We've all been worried about you," said Harusuke. "I mean, no one had any idea where you were."

Chibiusa hastily wiped the tears from her eyes and turned away. "Go away. Leave me alone!" she sniffed.

Mamoru then took a knee and spoke next. "Come now. Don't be sad," he said. "You want me to walk you home?"

Chibiusa then looked up at Mamoru, and when she saw his face, she couldn't help but relent as a tiny smile formed on her lips as she answered with a nod.

"Atta girl," smiled Mamoru as he held out his hand. "Then what do you say we get going?"

Chibiusa then took Mamoru's hand in earnest, and at that moment, just like their first encounter with Koan, Mamoru began to see the vision again. He could see the crystal buildings and the large one in the center, slowly zooming in at the top. Also, for some reason, Mamoru clung to Chibiusa close to him as he was in a strange trance.