Chapter 60

"Now! Do it, Sailor Moon!"

"Right! MOON PRINCESS HALATION!"

Sailor Moon and the Guardians were locked in a battle with another Cardian on top of a building. The fight was fierce, but with one blast from Sailor Moon's Cutie Moon Rod, the Cardian got destroyed. At its defeat, a projection of Ail and An appeared before them, and they were not happy.

"Curse you, Guardians!" Ail growled.

"You all will pay for this!" An hissed.

The projections then disappeared as the sun slowly began to rise over the horizon behind them, not only signaling their victory but also for a brand new day.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi, Makoto, Ami, and Harusuke were now running to school. Due to the battle of the Cardian earlier this morning, they were running very late.

"Oh, man! We're going to be late!" screeched Usagi.

"I've messed up!" Ami panted. "In fourteen years, I've never once been late for anything, and I'm praying that doesn't start today!"

"If it wasn't for that damned Cardian!" complained Harusuke as he ran. "It not only had to wake us up at the crack of dawn, but it also had to make us late too?!

"Never mind that!" gasped Makoto. "We've got to hurry! Otherwise, we'll be in big trouble!"

The four soon made it to the school. The good news was the front gates were open, but the bad news was the tardy bell was beginning to ring. However, the four didn't waste any time as they rushed through the entrance and split up. Ami and Makoto went into their respective classrooms, and Harusuke and Usagi went to Ms. Haruna's.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Ms. Haruna had started roll call inside her classroom, coming up to the T's.

"Mister and Miss Tsukino? Are Mister and Miss Tsukino here?" Ms. Haruna called out.

Harusuke burst into the room at that moment, causing everyone to look up.

"Sorry, I'm late, Ms. Haruna!" panted Harusuke. "But I'm here!"

"And I'm here too!" Usagi gasped. "Present and accounted for - ."

Then there was trouble. As the girl rushed in, Usagi stepped into a bucket which inadvertently got stuck, causing her to stumble. She barreled right into Harusuke, and the two ended up crashing right into the supply closet, making it topple over with a mighty crash. Usagi now sat on top of Harusuke's back, covered with dust and a couple of cloths. Neither one was hurt, but the two were afraid that Ms. Haruna would be cross with them. However, much to their surprise, Ms. Haruna wasn't.

"Glad you two could join us, Tsukinos," Ms. Haruna said. "But while it's good to be so energetic, the two of you really shouldn't try to enter so noisily next time."

Usagi and Harusuke were surprised. "Y-Yes, ma'am." the two replied respectfully.

As Ms. Haruna resumed taking attendance, Usagi and Harusuke were still puzzled.

"Hey, Harusuke? What's up with Ms. Haruna?" whispered Usagi. "She's not normally in this much of a good mood."

"I don't know. Your guess is about as good as mine," Harusuke whispered back. "But as they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. It's better to have her being nice rather than being her normal cranky self."