Chapter 135

A loud metallic clang echoed throughout Sankakuzu as everything seemed to stop. The Sailor Guardians and Tuxedo Mask looked up and saw a sight that made them shocked. Even Sailor Saturn's eyes went slightly wider in surprise, for right when she was about to swing her Silence Glaive, Solaris suddenly appeared and blocked it with his broken Nebula Blade.

"Solaris!" Sailors Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus cried.

"I don't believe it!" Sailor Pluto spoke in disbelief. "He stopped Sailor Saturn?!"

"Even with his broken sword, and through all this chaos, Solaris managed to intercept her Silence Glaive!" Tuxedo Mask spoke in a mixture of bewilderment and disbelief.

Solaris grunted as he used whatever strength he had left to halt the Silent Glaive, his arms trembling and his broken sword creaking. "Sailor Saturn! Lower your weapon! You have to stop!"

Sailor Saturn stared. "What is the meaning of this, Solais?" she spoke. "For what reason do you stand in my way?"

"Because I can't let you destroy Earth!" Solaris replied. "If you do, then everyone will die, including you!"

"And why should it matter? " Sailor Saturn answered. "That is what I intend to do. Swinging my Silence Glaive is the only way for this crisis to end."

"No! I won't let you do that!" Solaris objected as he pushed his blade against the Silence Glaive. "You can't destroy Earth! You just can't! Please stop this and reconsider!"

"And why would I need to?" Sailor Saturn countered, her eyes narrowing in a cold glare. "Pharoh 90 has engulfed the entire planet rendering the Earth far beyond repair. There's little hope to saving this world."

She then pushed her weapon back against Solaris's broken weapon, which made it creak even more as it cracked slightly, which made the others worry.

"Solaris! You have to get out of there!" cried Sailor Pluto.

"If you don't, you'll die!" yelled Sailor Neptune.

But the guardian of the Sun remained defiant while standing his ground. "Even so, that's no reason to give up on it!" Solaris shouted at Sailor Saturn. "We can still save Earth if you just give us a chance!"

"But there is no chance," said Sailor Saturn. "To stop the catastrophe from spreading any further, I must see my duty through, no matter the cost. And I can't do that with you in the way, so I'll have to ask you to move. Now."

"I refuse!" Solaris yelled. "I won't move until you stand down! Not until you lower your weapon!"

Sailor Saturn pushed her Silence Glaive even more against Solaris's blade, causing it to dig deeper into it as it started to crumble, much to the Sailor Guardians' horror.

"This isn't good! At this rate, his sword's going to get cut through!" cried Sailor Mercury. "And I'm not sure how long he can keep it up!"

"Solaris! You have to move!" yelled Sailor Mars. "Get out of there before you get hurt!"

But again, Solaris refused to move as he resisted with all his might as his blade cracked even more while creaking ominously.

"Is he trying to get himself killed?!" Sailor Uranus spoke with vexation. "If he keeps this up, Sailor Saturn won't hesitate to kill him!"

Sailor Chibi Moon was worried, too. But all she and Tuxedo Mask could do was watch from the sidelines, unsure on whether to intervene and too afraid.

"Tell me, Solaris. Why do you persist in stopping me?" asked Sailor Saturn. "Is it because you refuse to accept the reality of the situation? Or is it because you're afraid to die? No, knowing you, it's most likely out of duty to protect the Earth. I, too, have a duty that I must fulfill. A duty that I must carry out no matter the cost. So, while you're certainly are brave to block me with that broken sword, you can't possibly hope to stop me."