Chapter 61

Harusuke was walking on his way to school with Usagi. The two were looking forward to another day of school without anything going wrong. So far, the two of them woke up early and left the house making good time. Soon enough, they arrived at their school.

"Man! It feels great to be on time for school for a change," said Usagi happily.

"You should always be doing this every day," Harusuke chuckled. "I've been trying to get you on a regular schedule for months now, but you always say, and I quote: "Nooo. Harusuke, just give me a few more minutes. I need my beauty sleep."

Usagi puffed her cheeks in a pout. "Well, it's true. How do you think I got so beautiful?" she said, flipping her hair snootily.

Harusuke rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Give me a break, Sis."

As they headed towards their classroom, a certain girl was waiting for the two, particularly Harusuke. It was Natsumi.

"Hello there, Harusuke dear," Natsumi greeted sweetly. "How are you today?"

"O-Oh. Hello, Natsumi," Harusuke greeted back. "I'm doing fine. Thank you for asking."

"What do you want, Natsumi?" Usagi growled, her eyes narrowing.

But Natsumi took no notice of Usagi by pretending to ignore her as she hugged Harusuke by his arm. "Say, Harusuke? If you're don't have any plans after school, I was wondering if you'd be interested in going on a date with me," she said sweetly. "We could go to a cafe, to a movie, maybe even a walk in the park."

"Um... thanks for the offer, Natsumi, but I'm going to have to say no," Harusuke said politely. "I've got a lot of things to do at home, and I won't have enough time to go out on a date."

"Oh, come on, Harusuke. Don't be like that," Natsumi begged. "I'm sure that you could take some time off for just one day, but on the other hand, I love it when you play hard to get with me."

"Hey! Natsumi! Can't you take a hint?!" Usagi barked. "He doesn't want to date you, so why don't you leave him alone?!"

Natsumi then looked at Usagi. "Oh, hello, Tsukino. How long have you been standing there?" she asked innocently. "I didn't even notice you were here until now."

Usagi was now fuming in anger. "Hey! I've been here the whole time! Don't be ignoring me!"

At that moment, Seijuuro came walking up to the three, and seeing Natsumi clinging to Harusuke made him a bit angry and jealous. He had seen Natsumi flirting with Harusuke time and time again, and right now, he was getting fed up.

"What do you think you're doing, dear sister?" Seijuuro coldly asked as he came up scowling. "Need I remind you that your class is about to start?"

"I could say the same about you, Brother," Natsumi replied. "I was just asking Harusuke for a little get-together with just the two of us."

Seijuuro then took notice of Usagi and immediately forgot about being jealous as he went over to the ordango blonde.

"Ah! Usagi, my goddess. Once again, fate has smiled upon me and has brought us together again," said Seijuuro. "Since you are here, may I ask for the opportunity to date with you?"

"How about you take the opportunity to take a hike, Seijuuro?" Harusuke cut in. "She's not interested, nor will she ever date you."

Seijuuro then glared at Harusuke. "You listen here, Harusuke. First of all, I wasn't talking to you. Secondly, I don't like the idea of you getting so close to my sister, so it would be wise for you to know your place, understand?" he spoke coldly. "Because the last thing I want is for you to be hounding my sister like a dog."