Chapter 58

Harusuke was busy making some food while humming a little tune in the kitchen. As he chopped, cooked, and even spiced his food, numerous delicious smells filled the air. Luna then came into the kitchen, her nose catching a whiff of the delightful aromas.

"Hey there, Harusuke. What are you up to?" the black cat asked. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?"

"Oh, hey, Luna. I was making myself some lunch for today," replied Harusuke. "It's been a while, so I figured I'd brush up on my cooking skills."

Luna then hopped onto the counter and took a whiff of all the yummy food that Harusuke had made. There were pork cutlets, rice, and some vegetables, all of which looked very appealing. Luna was impressed as well as a bit hungry.

"Wow, Harusuke, this is amazing," Luna said. "Your lunches would certainly give Makoto's a run for her money." Then she noticed two lunch boxes on the counter, which puzzled her. "Wait a second. Who are the lunches for you and Usagi?"

"Not really. It's for Makoto," Harusuke replied as he closed up his box. "I was going to ask her to see if she could critique the lunches I made. You know, so she could give me some pointers on how to improve my cooking. That way, she won't have to mooch off food from other people."

"Well, that's a capital idea," smiled Luna. "And this could also serve as part of your training of being a good husband. I thought you were making a boxed lunch for Mako because of the craze. Those who love one another make lunches as a way of love."

Harusuke then blushed a bit. "Come on, Luna. You're making me feel a little embarrassed here. It's nothing like that. Speaking of Usagi, I wonder she's up yet? Knowing her, she's probably sleeping in or something."

Harusuke then finished making his lunches and put them in his bag.

"Alright, it's time for me to head for school," said Harusuke. "I'll see you later, Luna."

And Harusuke left as Luna waved goodbye with her paw.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Makoto and Ami were in the courtyard waiting for Usagi and Harusuke to show up at the school. They were hoping to meet the Tsukino twins to discuss the Moonlight Knight. However, Makoto had other ideas. She indeed had Moonlight Knight on her mind, but it wasn't for anything important. She was mainly daydreaming about how handsome he was. She even imagined him on a moonlight knight, riding on a camel in the middle of the desert.

"Man... The Moonlight Knight. He sure is a mystery," sighed Makoto dreamily.

"I know what you mean," said Ami. "Whenever we're in trouble, he appears out of nowhere and saves us. I wonder who he is?"

"The way he leaves when he says adieu while doing that pose," Makoto rambled dreamily. "He's just like the guy that broke my heart."

Ami was surprised. "Wait... Your old boyfriend used to say adieu?" she asked incredulously. "Doesn't that mean he was French?"

Makoto then groaned, feeling annoyed. "I just mean that they're both similar."

Just then, Naru happened to walk by, only for Umino to come up to her in high spirits.

"Hey, Naru! There you are, my dear!" Umino spoke merrily.

"Hi, Umino. What's up?" Naru asked.

Umino then whipped out a large object tied and covered by purple cloth with red hearts all over it, much to Naru's surprise.