Chapter 70

Inside the UFO, the Spectre Sisters were all in the main room, primping and preening themselves in front of their mirrors, applying various make-ups. It was a hot day in Juuban as they tried their best to deal with the heat.

"Goodness. It sure is hot today," commented Berthier as she fanned herself.

Petz had just finished applying lipstick on her lips and was pleased with how good she looked and wanted to show it off.

"What do you think of my new lip gloss?" Petz asked her sisters. "I'm planning to make the color of death all the rage this summer. What do you think?

Berthier came over to inspect. "Why, it's simply lovely, Sister," she said. "Black is the color of darkness, so that makes it all the more delicious, being the color of mourning and is so full of sin."

Calaveras was over at her mirror, putting the finishing touches on her ribbon. "With this ribbon, I will run any man into my willing slave," she said proudly.

"If you ask me, gold is too bright a color for you, Calaveras," said Koan. "And you've got your mascara on too thick. I think you need to rethink your make-up."

Calaveras felt insulted. "You know, Koan, as the youngest of us, you shouldn't be so cocky," she spoke scornfully. "Besides, you're the one that needs to rethink her image. Why are you wearing that striped bodysuit in this heat, anyway? Are you trying to hide some blotchy skin or something? Or maybe Sailor Mars' flames weren't hot enough for you to learn from your mistakes?"

Now Koan was cross. "That was mean! I demand an apology!" the purplenette snapped.

Calaveras smirked as she humphed haughtily as she and Koan glared grimly at each other. At that moment, Rubeus entered the room.

"That's enough, both of you!" Rubeus ordered. "This isn't the time to be fighting amongst yourselves, nor is it the time for obsessing over fashion. I've finally come up with a way to lure out the Rabbit."

All the sisters then stood at attention, immediately listening. "Please tell us!" the Spectre Sisters said.

"As I recall correctly, the Rabbit is deathly afraid of thunder and lightning," explained Rubeus.

"I get it! The flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder will scare the energy right out of her!" said Petz. "And once she runs outside in the open, we'll eliminate her!"

"Exactly," smiled Rubeus.

"I have just the droid for the job, Master Rubeus," said Petz. "So, if you don't mind, allow me to handle this one."

And Petz disappeared from the room, stepping out of the UFO via a mirror.

When she was outside, she went to the top of Juuban Tower, the highest in the entire city. Once she was there, she put a finger in the middle of her forehead, touching her crescent mark, and summoned her power as a dark gray cloud loomed over the tower.

"Now, I summon you forth, Droid Furaiki!" Petz commanded.

And out from the clouds in a flash of lighting, Furaiki came forth. She was a woman with gray skin with long silver hair, wore a one-strap dress and wristbands, each red and blue. She also had a drum strapped to her as she held a pair of long jacks, which served as drumsticks.

"Now, Furaiki, use your rumble of thunder and flashes of lightning to lure out the Rabbit!" Petz ordered. "Wreak havoc on the Juban District by making it rain and thunder!"

Furaiki obeyed by slamming her drum, making sparks and lightning fly out. The clouds spread even further in the sky, blanketing all of Juuban until it went completely dark. Lightning raged, and thunder rumbled as it started to rain.