Chapter 54

In the space with the Makai tree, Ail and An were there discussing their next plan of action to gather energy, An telling Ail about one of the most important and famous events that occur around this time of year.

"Cherry blossom viewing?" puzzled Ail.

"That's right. It's an annual seasonal event for the people on this planet," explained An. "It seems to go on all day and all night for them. I also understand that humans use a lot of energy during events like these."

"Now that you mention it, I've heard stories about something like that. Back when our tribe was prosperous, the Makai tree had beautiful blossoms on it as well," said Ail thoughtfully. He took a few seconds to think about An's proposal, then he smiled. "Blossoms, eh? I think we can gather a lot of human energy while they're viewing these cherry blossoms."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In Juuban Park, the cherry blossom viewing event was well underway. Every tree was a beautiful shade of pink, the blossoms in full bloom as the petals rained down, giving it a splendid atmosphere. Many people sat around the trees, picnicking and having a wonderful time eating and drinking while admiring the beautiful flowers.

Usagi and her group, along with Ms. Haruna and Natsumi, were making their way through the park, trying to find a place to sit for the flower viewing. Usagi couldn't help but feel all but cheerful as she merrily skipped along while singing a little tune.

"Make way, Make way! Usagi's coming through!" she sang.

"Say, Ms. Haruna, thank you so much for being our chaperone for today," said Minako. "You've done so much for us, and we're not even your students."

"Not to mention that you're always so busy," added Ami gratefully. "I almost feel bad for taking you away from school to be here with us."

"It's no trouble at all," smiled Ms. Haruan kindly. "I was happy to do it."

"I'm only sorry that I wasn't able to help you convince the principal to let us do this," Harusuke spoke. "We appreciate what you've done for us, Ms. Haruna. I only wish there were some way to pay you back."

"Don't worry about it, Harusuke. Really," Ms. Haruna spoke kindly. "It was honestly no trouble at all."

"I think that we should all just forget about school for today," said Makoto brightly.

"That's right," agreed Rei. "Right now, we're just a happy bunch of people enjoying the cherry blossoms."

The group continued making their way through the park until they came across an open area. Then they heard a voice call out to them.

"Hey, you guys! Over here!"

Everyone then turned their attention towards an open area, and much to their surprise, sitting just underneath a tree was Umino, who was a large blanket spread out just big enough for all of them to sit on.

"Thank you very much for saving us this spot, Umino," said Ms. Haruna.

"Truth be told, I'm surprised that you were able to find one," said Usagi.

"Now that I think about it, I'm a bit curious myself," said Naru. "Have you been waiting long?"

Umino then adjusted his eyes and smirked with pride. "I've been here since last night," he spoke proudly. "Eight o'clock, to be precise."

"What?!" everyone exclaimed, their jaws agape with disbelief.

"You got to be kidding me!" cried Harusuke. "You mean to tell us that you've been waiting in this spot all night?!"