Chapter 129

"I don't believe it! It's Pluto!" gasped Sailor Chibi Moon.

The tiny moon guardian quickly rushed over to her, her eyes filled with tears of joy. Sailor Pluto smiled, kneeling and meeting the little girl in a heartfelt reunion hug. Sailor Chibi Moon then looked up at Sailor Pluto.

"Am I dreaming right now?" she asked her. "Are you truly here, Pluto?"

"Yes, Small Lady. You're not dreaming," replied Sailor Pluto. "Or rather, Sailor Chibi Moon."

"But... how are you here? What are you doing here?" asked Solaris as he walked up. "I thought you couldn't leave your post over by the Doors of Space and Time."

"That is true, Solaris," explained Sailor Pluto. "But I was sent here to the present by order of the great Neo Queen Serenity to fulfill a new mission."

"Somehow, Sailor Pluto seems different than before," Sailor Chibi Moon thought to herself. "It's like she's changed to someone greater and stronger."

The tiara on Sailor Moon's forehead disappeared at that moment, revealing her signature crescent moon mark, which began to glow brightly. Then, her sailor uniform transformed into a beautiful white gown, and a small silver tiara appeared on top of her hair. In addition, Solaris's armor changed into a white suit with gold trims and a cape, much to the amazement of the other guardians. Then, Sailor Uranus and Neptune came down from above, landing on either side of Sailor Pluto.

"Uranus!" gasped Sailor Venus.

"And Neptune, too!" said Sailor Mercury.

Then, Sailor Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto stood before Sailor Moon and Solaris, now Princess Serenity and Prince Taiyou, bowing while kneeling before them.

"Princess Serenity, Prince Taiyou, the ones who will become our queen and king, it is an honor to meet you both," Sailor Uranus spoke humbly. "Protected by Uranus, Planet of the wind, I am the Guardian of the heavens and the outer planets. I am Sailor Uranus."

"Protected by Neptune, Outer planet of the seas, and Guardian of the deep sea. I am Sailor Neptune," she said.

"And protected by Pluto, Outer planet of the underworld and space-time, Guardian of revolution. I am Sailor Pluto," she also said.

"We, the Three Guardians of the Outer Planets, have arrived!" the three of them said together.

Princess Serenity and her group were speechless, unsure what to make of this given Uranus and Neptune's recent behavior.

Sailor Uranus then spoke up again. "Your royal highnesses, we understand that our actions have been deplorable and are prepared to atone for them in any way you see it. But know that everything we've done was to protect the two of you and this planet. So, please forgive us."

"Since ancient times, our task as guardians was to watch over Silver Millennium from afar," said Sailor Neptune. "And to protect it against incoming invaders and threats from the far reaches of the Solar System."

"But that was way back when prince and princess," said Sailor Pluto. "Like you two and the court, we too were granted rebirth and awakened anew on this planet to fulfill our duties once more."

Sailor Neptune then frowned. "However, it would seem that we arrived too late," she said. "By the time we fully awoke and sensed the threat, the invasion had already happened, and our enemies were already among us."

"With nothing to stand in their way, and without us seeing, they've nestled themselves deeply and silently within their stronghold right under our noses," Sailor Uranus added bitterly. "Overlooking that was a mistake on our part, and we take full responsibility for it."