Quidditch

November 1976

The noise in the Great Hall was unbelievable, that day marked the begining of the Quidditch season, and things would start with a classic: Slytherin vs Gryffindor.

The students from both Gryffindor and Slytherin Houses shouted at each other during breakfast; even the newest weirdest group of friends were insulting one another.

"Ready to lose, Potter?" asked Regulus Black, the Slytherin Seeker.

"Have you already forgotten what happened to you last season, Black?" asked James, reminding Regulus of a Bludger that knocked him out for three days.

"I think you're the one forgetting something here, James," said Florence.

"Yeah, and what is it?" James asked.

"This year, I am here. And you can be certain that I know exactly who my Bludger will be aimed at." she fixed him with a challenging gaze.

"You don't stand a chance, Potter," laughed Regulus.

"We'll see," growled Sirius.

"Do you want to bet?" asked Severus.

"What?" asked James, surprised, "You're into Quidditch now?"

"All because I know my girlfriend will split your head open with a Bludger, Potter," Severus sneered, "When we win The Quidditch Cup, you and Black will have to put on the Slytherin uniform and deliver the Cup to us."

"This is ridiculous," said Lily.

"If, by chance, you win," continued Severus,"I'll deliver you the Cup myself."

"With the Gryffindor girl's uniform on," added Sirius with a smirk.

"Deal," said Severus.

___________________

At the Quidditch pitch

The Ravenclaw student Ian York was going to do the commentary for the match, closely watched by Prof. McGonagall.

"GOOD MORNING Y'ALL! HERE'S IAN YORK! GET READY 'CAUSE TODAY'S GAME IS GOING TO SET THIS FIELD ON FIRE! AND ACCORDING TO WHAT I'VE HEARD EARLIER AT BREAKFAST, NOT EVEN THE WEIRD NEW FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN DELACOUR, SNAPE, POTTER AND EVANS WILL BE ENOUGH TO AVOID A BLOODBATH!"

"York!" screamed McGonagall. "Stop inciting violence!"

"OKAAY! A CLEAN GAME IS ALL THAT MATTERS. SO ARE YOU READY?!"

The students at the stands went crazy! Screaming and shouting.

"OOOK! SO LET'S WELCOME TO THE FIELD THE GRYFFINDOR TEAM! THE NEW CAPTAIN AND SEEKER JAMES POTTER! THE BEATERS, SIRIUS BLACK AND WILLIAM BONES. THE TRIPLE T CHASERS: DAVE THURMAN, MAX TRENTINI AND ASHLEE THOMPSON! AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE KEEPER: FRANK LONGBOTTOM!!"

The Gryffindor stands cheered and screamed.

"THE GRYFFINDOR TEAM REMAINS THE SAME FROM LAST YEAR. DISCREDITING THOSE RUMORS THAT SAID POTTER WOULD PUT EVANS ON THE TEAM EVEN THOUGH SHE CAN'T DISTIGUISH THE QUAFFLE FROM THE BLUDGER." McGonagall tried to take the microphone from York, but he avoided her hands. "AND NOW LET'S WELCOME THOSE NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR FAIR GAME..."

"York, stop insulting the players!" shouted McGonagall.

"OK, OK. MAY THE SLYTHERINS GET INTO THE FIELD. THEIR CAPTAIN REMAINS THE SAME, THE KEEPER, JAY CARTER! THE BEATERS, TAYLOR TRAVERS AND, FROM DURMSTRANG, GOURGEOUS AND WITH QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN MEN, FLORENCE DELACOUR! THE ABC CHASERS JOHN ALDERTON, ANNE BARTON AND BOB CROW! AND THEIR SEEKER, THE SHORT AND DANGEROUS, REGULUS BLACK!"

Madam Hooch, the flying teacher and the matches referee, called both captains to the ground to greet each other.

"I expect a clean and fair game here today, boys and girls!"

Carter and James shook hands. Hooch threw the Quaffle up in the air and the game began.

"SLYTHERIN IN POSSESSION – ALDERTON WITH THE QUAFFLE, FLYING LIKE A HIPOGRIFF – PASSES TRENTINI, DODGES A BLUDGER AND... SLYTHERIN SCORE! 10 TO ZERO! AND POTTER DODGES A DANGEROUS BLUDGER SENT BY DELACOUR STRAIGHT AT HIM. AND SIRIUS BLACK TRIES TO HIT HIS BROTHER IN RETALIATION. BUT MISSED. AND DELACOUR GOES FOR POTTER'S HEAD AGAIN. ARE Y'ALL SEEING THIS? SHE'S FUCKING HOT! NEVER TOUGHT I'D ENVY SNAPE."

"YORK!" shouted McGonagall.

"OK. BACK TO THE GAME. GRYFFINDOR HAVE TAKEN THE QUAFFLE AND THURMAN'S SPEEDING OFF TOWARDS THE GOALPOSTS... BUT HE'S BLOCKED BY TRAVERS' BLUDGER. AND SLYTHERIN HAVE TAKEN THE QUAFFLE. AGAIN. ANYONE'S SEEN THE SNITCH? BLUDGERS ARE FLYING LIKE CRAZY TODAY IN POTTER'S DIRECTION. THOMPSON TRIES TO SCORE BUT CARTER CATCHES IT! AND THE SNITCH? EACH SEEKER IS ON A DIFFERENT SIDE OF THE FIELD. BUT... WAIT! THERE GOES POTTER! AND BLACK! BOTH SEEKERS SAW THE SNITCH! IT'S IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PITCH!! WHAT?! NOOO!!! POTTER IS FALLING! DELACOUR'S BLUDGER HIT HIM! OH, NO! REGULUS BLACK'S GOT THE SNITCH. SLYTHERIN WINS THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SEASON." York ended the comment in a fake cheerful voice.

Florence ran towards the stands, hugging and kissing her boyfriend.

Many "Get a room!" could be heard, but they didn't mind. After the kiss, she went back to the field to see how James was – yes, she had hit him, but he was her friend.

"How're you feeling, James?" she asked kneeling down beside him.

"You're persistent..." James chuckled, one hand on the side of his head. "And strong, damn, that hurt... and Lily?" he asked in a hopeful voice.

"Oh, she's crying her eyes out with worry." said Florence, smiling.

He smiled and passed out.

The party in the Slytherin common room went well into the night. Not only had they beaten the Gryffindors, but the annoying James Potter was in the Hospital Wing with his head bleeding.

The celebration only stopped after four in the morning, when the elves refused to take them anymore food, the booze ended and Slughorn removed eighty points from his own House.

___________________

James Potter had to spend four days in the Hospital Wing.

A potion helped his bones mend and another one lessened his pain. A certain red-haired girl never left his bedside, not even for a moment.