The Order of The Phoenix

July 1994

12 Grimmauld Place

It had been years since the last time Florence had set foot in that house; the luxurious home of the rich Black Family was now falling apart, the smell of decaying carpets and old mouldy wood permeated the air of a place that once reeked of wealth.

She walked down the familiar narrow corridor straight into the kitchen – where she stopped, impressed at how everything looked the exact same she remembered: the long wooden prep table, the cupboards filled with fine and expensive dining ware. If she closed her eyes, she could hear Walburga Black shouting at her and the other kids to get their arses down to the kitchen for supper – kids weren't allowed to eat at the fancy dining room one floor above, only the grown-ups could eat there.

"Miss Florence!" she suddenly heard the loud screech followed by the loud sound of a tray being dropped onto the floor.

She turned to the door that led to the living room, already knowing who had called her.

"Hello, Kreacher," she smiled at him.

The old elf squealed and jumped up and down around her, clearly unable to contain his happiness in seeing her.

"Kreacher can't believe his eyes! Beautiful Miss Florence is here!! Kreacher must tell Mistress Black!" and he ran out of the kitchen through the door that led to the hallway.

Florence just shook her head – that elf had always been a bit mad, being alone in that house for so many years had certainly added to his insanity. She resumed walking around the kitchen when she heard a man's voice:

"I walked by a happy Kreacher and thought to myself: there's only one person that could make that thing happy - and I was right."

Florence turned around to see Sirius, leaning against the doorway to the hallway, looking at her with a smile. She returned the smiled and walked towards him, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so glad to see you're well, Padfoot! I feared I'd never see you again."

Sirius held her against his body, sniffing her hair, "You smell exactly like I remembered." he whispered, his hands caressing her back, "I missed you, Flor. I'm sorry I didn't speak to you that night in Little Whinging."

She gasped as she remembered, "You should have!" she took a step away from him and slapped his arm in reprimand, "We had no idea what you wanted in Hogwarts! You could've told Remus and I! Sent a Patronus! Anything!"

He lowered his head and picked up her left hand, noticing the diamond ring there, "I must admit, I was a bit angry and hurt," he whispered.

Florence frowned, "Angry with us? You must know we tried everything to get you to have a fair trail-"

"No. Not that, I know you even tried illegal ways to get me out... no, it's not about that," he kept his gaze on her hand and she saw the pain in his blue eyes.

"Oh, Padfoot," she whispered, realising why he was angry.

"You married him, Flor," he touched her diamond ring, whispering: "You're wearing the Prince family crest. I dreamed about seeing you with my ring."

"I'm sorry this hurts you, Sirius. I'm so grateful for all you did to help me... but I never promised you anything. I-"

"I know, Flor," he pulled her closer again, whispering in her hair: "I know."

She hugged him back and heard him sigh.

Then he lowered his hands to her waist and took a step back to look at her.