The Apology

Wednesday, December 2nd 1981

Hogwarts

6:30 a.m.

Eileen arrived on Florence's quarters to have breakfast with her and the twins, but walked out of the fireplace into a silent and empty living room.

"Florence?" she called, walking around the place, feeling that something wasn't right.

Everything was too still, no sounds of the kids getting ready for school, no laughter as they played while waiting for Florence to get ready.

Eileen walked into the boys' bedroom and saw them both still fast asleep on their beds, so she closed the door and went looking for their mother.

Walking into Florence's room, Eileen saw that the bed had no signs of having been slept on.

Could she have spent the night in the dungeons? She wondered with a smile; but soon dismissing that idea, for Florence wouldn't leave the kids alone, she'd have called either her, Tiffany or Pomfrey to look after the twins.

Then she noticed something that had her frowning: the floor by the door of Florence's bathroom was more than just wet: it was flooded.

Eileen walked towards the door and peeked inside the room, gasping at what she found inside.

"Florence!" she exclaimed, running in and kneeling beside the unconscious woman on the floor.

Eileen looked around frantically, noticing the unusual mess; there were things scattered all over the bathroom.

"What the hell happened here?" she asked out loud, touching Florence's face, but the young woman was unresponsive.

So Eileen pulled her into the shower stall and turned on the water, cold.

Florence immediately sat up, inhaling loudly and coughing.

"Eileen!" she exclaimed with a relieved sigh, "Thankgoodness you're here!" she held the woman's arms tightly.

"Flor. What happened here?" Eileen asked, wandlessly turning off the water and frowning as she saw that Florence's eyes were light-green – she'd never seen her wake up with light-green eyes before.

"Just get the boys, Eileen," Florence said between breaths, "Get them away from me; for their safety. Please."

Eileen looked at her, very concerned, there was only one person with the ability of getting Florence out of control like that.

"Flor, what did Severus do?"

Florence closed her eyes, taking deep breaths, struggling to control her veela magic.

"He came here- accused me of sleeping with Remus-"

"Not this shit again!" shouted Eileen, angrily.

"Yes. Same old hogwash!" she nodded, continuing: "But that's not the worst. No," Florence shook her head, "The worst is that he came in here smelling of another woman," she inhaled sharply as the memory had her inner mythical being going crazy in rage, "Call Pomfrey for me, please. I need a strong dose of sleeping draught."

Eileen didn't hesitate, she ran to the fireplace calling Pomfrey, before waking up the boys and getting them ready to go, saying she was going to take them to have breakfast at McDonald's. They were very excited about that and left without asking for their mother.

Florence got herself up from the floor, feeling the wind restarting inside the bathroom.

"No! Just stop it! He's not here anymore!" she said, even though she knew the veela magic acted on instinct and not on reason.