The Ritual & The Hunt

Florence opened her eyes and walked out of the fireplace and into a beautiful hotel suite.

No ceiling lights were lit, just two sconces on the opposite wall and the fire in the fireplace filled the room with a warm inviting light.

There was a large round bed in the middle of the room, covered by a blood-red silk sheet, and she could see a big bathtub on the right corner – already filled up and with some leaves and petals floating in it. Close to the bed, there was a tall thin table with a crystal bowl and a silver knife resting on top of it.

"This is it," Florence whispered, looking at Severus with sparkling eyes.

"Yes," he nodded, removing his coat, "You're not leaving this room unmarried, Miss Peverell."

She just looked at him, finding it hard to put into words what she was feeling inside: happiness, relief, love, hope and a little fear.

He walked to her and helped her take off her coat, throwing it on an armchair in the corner with his.

Then he looked into her eyes, touching her face lovingly.

"I still remember the first time I kissed you."

Florence smiled, "Common Room. Right before the fifth-year Ball. And I nearly had to beg you to do it. I got close to you, tipped my head and waited..."

"I could barely believe you wanted to kiss me," he kissed her softly, "And now... we're here," he whispered, showing her he had a small box in his hand and slowly kneeling in front of her.

Florence felt her heart jump in her chest. "Severus..."

"Shh... don't say anything, love," he sounded nervous, "Let me speak," he took a deep breath and continued: "I love you, Florence, and having you back in my life these past two days has just confirmed what I already knew: that you're the woman I want to share my life with. And as if you weren't already perfect enough, you gave me those two amazing kids, you told them stories about me, even though I didn't know they were mine – you taught them to love me," he paused, trying hard not to cry, "We both know the war is not over yet, but I'm certain we'll find a way to win it. Together." he looked down and opened the jewellery box, "Florence Delacour Peverell, I want you by my side for the rest of our days. Will you marry me?"

Florence, unlike him, hadn't been able to stop the tears that flooded her eyes, so they rolled free down her cheeks.

"Yes," she said, her voice shaking by all the emotions inside of her, "You've always known my answer is yes!"

He took her left hand, kissed it, and slid the beautiful ring on her finger, then he stood up, pulling her to him, kissing her lips passionately, his hands going under her dress.

Florence felt him hesitate for a moment when he realised she wasn't wearing anything under that dress.

"You're fucking kidding me," he groaned.

"No knickers for you to destroy tonight," she whispered.

"You're absolute perfection, Florence," he caressed her neck, lifting her chin and kissing her, deeply, dominantly, making her legs go weak.

He kissed down her shoulder, unzipping her dress. "I'll get you into that bathtub now, where we'll bath on the special herbs and petals I've already added to it."

"Then you'll fuck me," she said breathlessly.

"No, I'm only fucking my wife tonight," he bit her shoulder.

"Tonight?" she asked in a louder voice.

"From this night on," he added, letting her dress fall to the carpeted floor.