Halloween 81 part 2

Severus held his left arm and looked at Dumbledore and then at Florence, "Something is wrong. There wasn't any meeting scheduled for tonight."

"I'll go after Lily and James," declared Florence, getting up from the chair.

"Hey! We don't need to worry, guys!" said Remus, smiling, "Sirius is here," he looked at his friend, "You didn't tell anybody where they live, right?"

"Of course not, but..." stammered Sirius, looking suddenly terrified.

"But what, Sirius?" asked Florence, frowning.

"Black's not the secret-keeper," Severus revealed between gritted teeth, the pain in his left arm giving no signs it'd stop soon.

"What are you talking about?" she looked from him to the other man, "What is he saying, Sirius? You told us you were the secret-keeper! They said they had chosen YOU!" she whisper-shouted.

"WE LIED!" shouted Sirius.

"WHO is the secret-keeper, Sirius?" asked Florence, furious.

"P-Peter," he whispered.

"WHAT?" she shouted, "You've got to be kidding me!" Florence looked at Dumbledore, "Put the protections down, we must disapparate now!"

Dumbledore pointed his wand at the ceiling and murmured some words.

"It's done. You can go!" said the Headmaster.

And Florence, Severus, Remus and Sirius disapparated.

___________

Godric's Hollow

Florence appeared in front of the Potter's house and her heart skipped a beat before beginning to pound in fear: the front gate was wide-open and so was the front door.

"No no no," she whispered as she ran inside, inhaling sharply at the sight in front of her.

James lay on the floor by the stairs, his eyes open, staring lifeless at the ceiling, his hands clutching his wand.

"No! James!"

Florence kneeled beside him, checking for a pulse but finding none. She fisted a hand in his shirt, not wanting to believe that was truly happening.

"Enervate!" she cast, hoping with all her heart that it would do something.

She checked for a pulse again and, as expected, got the same result: James was gone.

She closed his lifeless eyes with the tip of her fingers and felt tears running down her face.

Then the unexpected sound of laughter cut through her pain – it was a cold sound that she immediately recognised – and it was coming from the upper floor.

Florence stood and ran upstairs, but on the third step someone held her arm; she turned around ready to attack whoever was holding her, but it was Severus, so she just demanded: "Let me go!"

"I can't let you go up there," he said, holding her arm firmly, "The Dark Lord is there, I can feel his presence."

"As if you could stop me!" she touched her other hand to his chest and silently cast: Depulso, making him let go of her arm as he was thrown away from her, falling onto the sofa.

Then Florence resumed running upstairs, her wand in hand, calling: "Lily!"

When she reached Harry's nursery door, she tried to open it, but it was locked; stopping for a moment to hear the voices from inside, Florence could tell Lily was trying to reason with Voldemort: