The Room Requirement

January, 1977

Hogwarts

A week had gone by since they'd all returned to the castle, when Severus found a letter on his bed – and by the crest in the wax seal, he knew from whom it was.

He opened it, learning what his new instructions were: the Lord needed him to brew fifteen vials of Veritaserum, and Eric Travers would get the list of ingredients with him as usual.

Severus hesitated, he couldn't let Florence see him with Travers, nor could anyone else see them for word could get to her. He quickly wrote on a piece of parchment his extensive list of ingredients and his fee, for twenty-five days of work to bottle fifteen vials of the very advanced Veritaserum he asked six thousand galleons.

He had never seen that much money before and to think he could be getting that in less than a month by doing something he enjoyed was very exciting. However, the person he wanted to share that excitement with the most was the same person that could never learn about it.

He left his dormitory and saw Travers in the common room, he discretely dropped his list on the floor by the window and walked to the sofa. Travers didn't wait long to pick up the list and leave the room.

Then Severus waited for his girlfriend as if nothing had happened and they walked to the Astronomy Tower.

__________________

February 1977

Luckily for Severus, Florence had afternoon Quidditch practices twice a week so, in those days, he could work on his Veritaserum without worrying about her noticing his absence.

And whenever she returned from practice and asked what he had done that afternoon, all he had to do was say he had spent the day studying Potions – so she never noticed his lie.

__________________

April 1977

As the end of the term got closer, Florence spent more afternoons worrying about Quidditch which gave Severus more time to work on more orders from the Death Eaters.

The fact that he was lying to her was justifiable in his mind, for the money he had already saved was more than enough for him to pursue his Potions Master degree – something that would ensure them a very comfortable future.

__________________

May quickly arrived and Slytherin won the Quidditch Cup for the second consecutive year, the final match being against Gryffindor – making that the third game that James Potter left the field on a gurney after being hit by one of Florence's bludgers.

But the best thing was to see James Potter – with his head bandaged – and Sirius Black, both dressed in Slytherin robes, delivering the Quidditch Cup to the Slytherin Team in front of the whole school.

__________________

May 21st 1977

Florence took a shower and went to her common room to be part of the celebrations for the winning of the Quidditch Cup and for her birthday, but as soon as she had arrived at the party, she was hugged from behind by her boyfriend.

She turned to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him, noticing his hair was still wet from the shower.

"I have a special celebration planned for you," He said over her lips.

"Really?" her eyes sparkling in desire and mischief, "Something special happening in the skies that we need to go to the Astronomy Tower to see?"